pOpshelf's mission is to make every day special by providing shoppers a stress-free shopping destination for those special things that make life better. pOpshelf offers an exciting, on-trend and rotating selection of seasonal, houseware, home décor, health and beauty products, home cleaning supplies and party goods in addition to candy & snacks, toys, games and electronics, among other items. There is fun in every find, surprise on every shelf, and joy in every visit. As part of our customer-centered team, you help us create an experience that enables our customers to easily find the items they need and enjoy finding the things they want. pOpshelf operates 70+ stores currently with plans to open 1,000 by 2025. Learn more about pOpshelf at www.popshelf.com.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation guides.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to stock and display merchandise.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Exposure to strong scents and fragrances
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet floor surfaces.
- Occasionally exposed to household and industrial cleaning solutions.
pOpshelf is an equal opportunity employer
TEAM MEMBER GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Team Member acts as a point of contact for our customers. The duties of the Team Member include stocking and merchandising displays, recovering merchandise, display product knowledge, cleaning the store, operating the cash register(s), and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide superior customer service to exceed the customer's expectations.
- Possess product knowledge and use of selling techniques to enhance the customer experience.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment that delights our customers.
- Assist in merchandising the store in a manner that is appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at popshelf℠.
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines, rotate product to create eye-catching displays to drive sales.
- Complete daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities to provide a superior customer shopping experience.
- Condense and reset displayed merchandise and conduct daily recovery to provide a clutter free customer shopping experience.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual and Employee Handbook.
- Operate cash register(s) and scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
- Assist customers in self-checkout process at multiple register terminals simultaneously.
- Follow company merchandise processes; unpack, stock, restock, and rotate merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
- Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean restroom and receiving room, and help set up sidewalk displays.
Apply on company website