DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
*Float Pool RN Positions come with enhanced hourly pay stipend of $6.00/hr or $9.00/hr depending on the units you are qualified to float to!*
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade. Why work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital?JOB DESCRIPTION: RN Float Pool Position Summary:
The RN demonstrates independence in planning, organizing, administering, and evaluating patient care in accordance with the NH Nurse Practice Act, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies. Float pool staff are expected to staff any unit within their area and meet core competencies for their designated area. Float pool staff will be scheduled through the facility scheduler in accordance with our scheduling policies . Float staff are required to attend and/or complete mandatory in-services, annual competencies, Health Stream education courses and any other requirements as deemed necessary.SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in planning for the care of the patient.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders within the critical care setting.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's transfer planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- 1 to 3 years of acute care nursing in a critical care environment
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance
- Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State License
- BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider)
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
Benefits & Opportunities
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
CLICK HERE to learn more about HCA's Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website