- Reviews and verifies student financial aid files for eligibility in accordance with federal regulations and guidelines
- Processes parent and student petitions in accordance with ED professional judgment and institutional guidelines
- Awards students for all academic programs in accordance with federal and institutional guidelines
- Counsels students and parents on financial aid eligibility inquiries
- Program Management including one or more of the following programs: Federal Pell Grant, Student Employment, State Grants, Direct Loans, Endowed/Restricted scholarship/grant
Responsibilities and Duties:
Verifies financial aid files and awards aid in accordance with federal regulations
- Evaluates verification documents and resolves conflicts as appropriate
- Evaluates student and parent petitions to adjust EFC and COA
- Communicates with students/parents when conflicts exist
- Evaluates subsequent ISIR's for potential changes to eligibility
- Awards institutional scholarships
- Packages students in all academic programs on a weekly basis
- Conducts weekly file review and quality control checks
Manages at least one major Federal Program (Pell Grant, FWS or Direct Loans)
- Reports origination and disbursement records to ED
- Problem solves errors and other delays with reporting & awarding
- Verifies eligibility for recipients prior to releasing aid for disbursement
- Monthly reconciliation of funds (PowerFAIDS to COD)
Counsels students and parents
- Responds to inquiries and advises students and parents relative to various financial aid programs (i.e., eligibility criteria, application procedures, verification standards, academic progress requirements).
- Explains institutional policies and federal regulations as they relate to financial aid eligibility
- Provides clarification on the completion of verification process
- Advises students in conjunction with professional judgment procedures
Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Preferred experience in financial aid, or in another highly regulated field such as loan or health care.
Strong attention to detail.
Strong customer service.
Apply on company website