Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryResponsible for performing EKG's and ECG's, as needed. Assists providers in performing Stress Tests
- Performs high quality EKG's/ECG's and understands proper lead placement for good diagnostic quality readings. Able to recognize and make exception for noise level. Able to note physical problems that might alter interpretation
- Educates patients on EKG/ECG/ stress testing procedures, and performs EKG tracing component. Assists during stress test procedure
- Receives and processes ECG/EKG records. Corrects patient's data. Understands the process for crediting and proper charging to complete EKG's. Understands office environment and is willing to perform office related functions.
- Preps patient and applies Holter monitors to the patient with good quality test strips. Understand how to process and complete Holter monitors for proper reading
- Assist with ECHO stress procedures on a rotational basis. Fully understands how to monitor and relate ECHO stress information to physician and technologist as needed.
- Responds to all "codes" as quickly as possible. Performance is professional and as expediently as possible.
- Provides EKG/ECG support to other clinical areas during down times. Assists with other procedures as needed.
- Assists with quality controls and maintenance on equipment using written protocols.
This is a non-management job that report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education - Job related course work beyond high school
Experience - No previous experience
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Data entry
- Patient equipment (vitals, suction, defibrillator)
- CPR, BLS
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationOconee Medical Campus
Facility1064 Oconee Memorial Hospital
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website