Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryAssists the Registered Nurse in providing patient care based on the individualized plan of care for a patient. As delegated, performs basic nursing activities and nursing activities requiring sterile technique, and additional clinical responsibilities as appropriate and necessary for patient population served. Conducts data collection, monitors and documents patient status. Ensures confidentiality of all patient information. Utilizes safe patient handling at all times. Informs RN of activities performed, observations of patients and changes in patient status. Provides a neat and clean patient environment.
- Provides patient care as delegated by the RN including, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile soaks, application of sterile simple dressings and non sterile simple dressings, perineal care, removal of foley catheters, basic ostomy care, nasal cannula, phlebotomy, EKG's and incentive spirometry. Assists with casting and splinting. Completes orders per established protocol and under the direction of the RN. - 35%
- Performs data collection including vital signs, fluid intake and outake and basic and sterile specimen collection. Properly documents and maintains data on medical record and informs RN of activities performed, observations of patients and changes in patient status. Charts all observations, clinical data, and procedures performed in EMR. - 20%
- Performs point of care testing as trained and delegated by RN. Reports lab values to RN. - 20%
- Assists patients with activities of daily living. Assists the patient care team with transporting patients to diagnostic studies and to their floor assignments. Assists with positioning and ambulating patient. Assists with fall prevention interventions and patient restraints as delegated. - 15%
- Provides and documents comfort and non-pharmacological pain management measures. - 10%
- Education - Job-related course work beyond high school such as Medical Corpsman training, EMT, Paramedic, Phlebotomy, Nursing Assistant, PCT, CMA or Surgical Technician
- Experience - One (1) year of experience in Nursing Assistant, PCT, Phlebotomist, Surgical Technician, Medical Corpsman, CMA, EMT or Paramedic
- Licensure - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) OR certification in field of training (EMT, CMA, ST, Paramedic, etc.)
Other Required Skills/Experience
- All current NST job incumbents as of May 2010 will have a grace period of one year and will be required to be certified in field of training as stated in the minimum requirements by May 2011. All newly hired NST employees on or After May 2010 are required to meet the minimum qualifications of the job description upon hire.
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationBaptist Easley Med Campus
Facility1015 Baptist Easley Hospital
Department10156780 Emergency Trauma Center
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website