Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPerform routine assistive tasks to assist the Registered Nurse to meet basic patient needs, unlicensed assistive personnel.
This position is eligible for a $3,500 sign-on bonus until October 31, 2022 for external candidates only.Accountabilities
- Assists patient with needs associated with personal hygiene. Duties include, but are not limited to, bathing, washing hair, brushing teeth and hair, and washing hands.
- Assists patients with needs related to nutrition and feeding. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with feeding, drinking, and setting up meal trays.
- Assists patients with needs related to ambulation. Duties include, but are not limited to, dangling, walking, walking with assistive device, and implementing fall prevention measures under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Meets patients' needs related to elimination. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting patient with getting to the bathroom, using a bedside commode, using a bedpan, and/or using a urinal. Accurately monitors inputs and outputs.
- Accurately completes and documents patient vital signs. Duties include assessing blood pressure, pulse, temperature, heart rate, and oxygenation via pulse ox or ETC02. Reports abnormal values to the registered nurse.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant course.
- Previous nursing assistant, medical assistant or related experience preferred.
- One year hospital clerical experience preferred.
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Noted Above
- In lieu of completion of a nursing assistant or medical assistant training course, will accept completion of Nursing Fundamentals course.
- In lieu of school verification of a nursing assistant training course, will accept current or former South Carolina CNA certification as proof of completed state required training at time of hire.
- In lieu of school verification of a medical assistant training course, will accept current or former CMA certification as proof of completed required training at time of hire.
Other Required Skills and ExperienceCurrent CPR Heartsaver required. Basic Life Support, Heartsaver certification or higher preferred. Candidates must successfully complete Prisma Health unit secretary course and training within 90 days of hire.
Work ShiftNight (United States of America)
Facility1510 Richland Hospital
Department15106508 Surgical Nursing - 7 E
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website