Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThis position leads the discharge, education, marketing, and data collection processes, working collaboratively with patients, families, physicians, nursing, and rehab staffs.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $10,000.00 for external candidates only.
- Assists with the management of the environment of care by developing, implementing and monitoring processes to reduce and control environmental hazards and risks, preventing accidents and injuries and maintaining safe conditions for patients, staff and visitors.
- Continuously assesses and improves the department's performance by assisting in the design of operational processes, monitoring performance through data, analyzing data, implementing sustainable performance improvement, and participating in multi-disciplinary inter-departmental PI activities.
- Implements necessary changes to improve patient quality of care.
- Acts as a liaison between nursing departments, physicians, ancillary departments, hospital administration and the community.
- Coordinates patient requirements for nursing care with available nursing resources in collaboration with necessary clinical personnel.
- Accurately completes and documents patient vital signs. Duties include assessing blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and heart rate. Reports abnormal values to physician.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, proficient with the electronic health records for documentation, medical and social history to include medication reconciliation.
- Assists with the continuous assessment and improvement of the department's clinical performance through continuing education, to include new patient and new program development.
- Assists in the coordination of patient/community education through presentations for the purpose of improved quality of care, patient safety, and clinical compliance.
- Develops and manages other programmatic areas as assigned.
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in South Carolina.
Other Required Experience
Must demonstrate knowledge and competency in the following areas: computer literacy, strong written and verbal communication, assertiveness, flexibility, detail orientation, timely follow up, organization, diplomacy, and negotiation.
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1510 Richland Hospital
Department15107188 Peds Hem/Onc Office Services
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website