Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides direct patient care, education and support to patients in the fellowship trained specialty clinic setting. Functions as a clinical and community resource, educator, and consultant. Able to coordinate and provide care for patients based on detailed treatment protocols initiated by physicians without need of direct physician supervision.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 Sign On Bonus until October 1, 2021, for external candidates only.
- Provides direct patient care in an outpatient specialty setting. Maintains advanced knowledge of diagnoses, medications, and treatment options specific to the specialty. Evaluates effectiveness of care with the physician.
- Serves as primary contact for patient/family members (may include 24 hour "on call"). Performs phone triage effectively by involving physicians when needed but uses critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to handle the majority of concerns.
- Triages current patient population and incoming referrals and with physician input as needed, prioritizes scheduling of office visits and testing. Works with physician that is on service to determine scheduling of emergent patients. Informs physicians of any changes in schedule.
- Assists with in-office procedures. Provides comfort and safety measures for patient before, during, and after the procedure.
- Identifies learning needs of patient/family and works with team members and community resources to ensure objectives are met. Develops//maintains educational tools for patient/family that promote compliance with treatment plan.
- Assumes responsibility for patient safety by maintaining safe environment and completing of environmental rounds enforcing patient care standards.
- Champions the development and implementation of the orientation program to specialty, ensuring new staff are educated and prepared to give safe, effective care. May define competencies for specialty, and observe and document staff proficiency on an annual basis. May champion the development, implementation and evaluation of PI projects, policies and procedures specific to the specialty area.
- Works with team members to plan, develop and implement educational programs and seminars in the community and within Prisma Health. Acts as resource for other team members, hospital staff, and specialty practices and networks with staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards, guidelines, state statues, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and current specific knowledge. Maintains competency through education and professional activities. Reflects on identified areas of strength that offer opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Seeks knowledge of costs for clinical supplies and allocation of personnel resources to help promote more cost-effective outcomes.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Associate's Degree- Nursing
1 year - Clinical Nursing Experience within specialty
RN - REGISTERED NURSE
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
In lieu of 1 year of registered nurse experience, will accept successful completion of the Prisma Health Nurse Residency Program.
Other Required Experience
Certification in specialty area or pediatrics - Preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10387858 Transitional Care Clinic
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website