Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides care for obstetrical and infant patients though education/consultation. Functions as a resource for patients, families, staff and community.
- Assesses the physical, educational and discharge needs of obstetrical, newborn or breastfeeding patients. 40%
- Based on patient assessments and trends, identifies opportunities to improve the care of mothers, infants and children in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. 15%
- Develops and revises evidence based nursing policy, procedures, standards of care, protocols and preprinted orders. 5%
- Provides evidence based nursing care for mothers and infants through consultation directly with the patient or the telephone help-line. 20%
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to identify cost effective alternatives and facilitate discharges. 5%
- Serves as a resource/educator/consultant for patient/families/staff and the community. 10%
- Evaluates and recommends new products, tools, etc. using best practice models, evidence based materials and research. 5%
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
2 years Nursing experience in Mom/Baby, L&D or as a lactation consultation
SC Registered NurseSpecific Acceptable Credentials (if applicable) Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) or equivalent with the expectation of obtaining IBCLC within 1 year of hire.
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10087200 Women's Education
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website