Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides care and consultation for a specific patient population with alterations of wounds, the GI/GU systems, drains, pressure injuries and incontinence. Serves as a resource for other health care professionals, patients, families and the community. Designs systems to facilitate the appropriate care of this patient population.
- Under the guidance of a certified wound care nurse and/or a physician, assesses the physical and educational needs of patients undergoing ostomy surgery or continent diversions, and patients with wounds, fistulas, incontinence, percutaneous tubes or pressure ulcers. Communicates patient needs to appropriate members of the health care team. Provides discharge teaching as requested.
- With guidance of a certified wound care nurse and and/or a physician, implements and evaluates plans for care management based on patient needs through consultation and collaboration with other members of the patient's health care team; coordinates care in an efficient, cost effective manner.
- Assists with the education of patients, families and staff on evidence-based skin and wound care practices. Promotes health care in area of expertise, in the community, through education.
- Identifies actual/potential issues of resource management /patient care, works with health care team to identify cost-effective alternatives; facilitates discharge.
- Participates in the Skin Care Committee. As a member, assists in the evaluation of products used, including specialty beds and mattresses and makes recommendations to the committee.
- Participates in quarterly Pressure Ulcer Prevalence Studies and participates in performance improvement activities related to analysis of results.
- Education - Associate's Degree - Nursing, BSN preferred
- Experience - 3 years - as RN, interest and experience in skin and would care preferred
- South Carolina RN Licensure
Other Required Skills/Experience:
- Wound Vac Experience - Preferred
- Completion of BSN - Preferred
- Obtain certification in Wound and Ostomy - Preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationBaptist Easley Med Campus
Facility1015 Baptist Easley Hospital
Department10157826 Surgery-Wound Care
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website