The Radio Arts Foundation (RAF) is looking for a CEO/General Manager who is an experienced and highly creative individual with a demonstrated history of thinking out of the box, who can work with the board to rethink, reimagine and redefine what it means to be a classical music and arts community-focused radio station and digital media enterprise in the 21st century.
The CEO/GM shall be the public face of Classic 107.3 and is expected to become a valued thought leader, collaborator and partner in the St. Louis arts community and fulfill the Board's vision to make Classic 107.3 "The Voice for the Arts in St. Louis".
The CEO/GM is responsible for the overall administration of the organization, including its programming, digital media enterprise, productions and strategic plan. Other key duties include fund development, sales and marketing, finance and community outreach. The position reports directly to the RAF Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization's mission.
- Leading RAF in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make appropriate decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Ensure the financial health of the organization. Ensuring,
- Fiscal integrity of RAF, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures efficient resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Fund Development and sales revenue sufficient to support RAF's mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Responsible for:
- Implementation of RAF's programs that carry out the organization's mission.
- Strategic planning to ensure that RAF can successfully fulfill its mission.
- Enhancement of RAF's image by being active and visible in the St. Louis cultural community and community at-large and by working closely with professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Apply appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are successful. Responsible for:
- Administration of RAF's operations in a cost-conscious and high-quality manner.
- Hiring and development of RAF staff.
- Review and approval of agreements on behalf of the organization.
- Leadership Skills - characterized by integrity, transparency and respect for others
- Ability to "sell" the vision - of RAF's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, donors and advertisers
- Network with Cultural Leaders and Donors - networking ability with peer cultural institutions and leaders and high net-worth donors.
- Management Experience - five or more years of senior arts, music or radio station management experience
- Fund Development - demonstrated success in fund development and donor relations unique to our nonprofit, arts community, radio and digital media role
- Sales and Marketing - experience of successfully selling advertising and sponsorships of radio and digital media programming
Valuable Additional Qualifications
- Sense of Urgency - demonstrated commitment to delivering high quality outcomes with a sense of urgency.
- Social Media and Podcasting - a thorough understanding of social media and podcasting and how to capitalize on those opportunities and expand RAF's social media footprint
- Board and Volunteer Management - skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Passion for the Arts - classical music knowledge and a passion for music and other cultural art forms
- Organizational Skills - including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Written and Oral Skills - Clear and persuasive written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Staff Management - Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee and collaborate with staff
- University Degree - as a minimum, a bachelor's degree in Music, Communications, Radio Journalism, Digital Media and/or Business.
- Programming Experience - demonstrated experience in creative programming including program syndication and digital audio editing
- On-air experience - as a classical music announcer/producer
- Budgeting - solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting to ensure fiscal stability
- RAF went on the air in 2013, as the successor to Classic 99 which had been St. Louis' classic music radio station for 62 years.
- RAF (Classic 107.3 FM, Classic 96.3 HD2 and web streaming @rafstl.org) is the only classic music radio station dedicated to serving the St. Louis community
- In addition to classic music, RAF's programs include jazz, blues and opera and related interviews. A podcasting capability has recently been added to the website.
- Commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
- Quality benefits package includes health and PTO.
The position is open until filled.
Apply on company website