The Golf Pump Station Sales Manager is responsible for the overall sales growth of Rain Bird Golf pump stations in the assigned territory. The ideal candidate must be able to analyze market trends / opportunities and create, prioritize and execute strategies capitalizing on those opportunities assuring Rain Bird gains market share. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are necessary to succeed. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast paced environment, suited for independent field work, possess strong self-initiative and deliver extraordinary results. This position also serves as the “voice of the customer” to the pump division and as such is involved with identifying product improvements and new market opportunities.
- Develop and successfully execute a sales plan achieving new and significant sales and market share growth.
- Work with the local sales team to develop short and long-range pump station sales strategies.
- Justify and execute promotional programs intended to drive sales of pump stations, assuring market share gains are achieved.
- Work with the local sales team, including distribution sales and Rain Bird Authorized Service Providers (ASPs) to actively manage and assure Rain Bird is involved in all key / large pump station projects.
- Be the regional expert for all golf pump stations for sales, distribution and external customers. Fully understand technical product applications and design.
- Research business intelligence on competitors, customers, market trends and industry regulations to develop positioning, pricing and growth strategies.
- Provide pump station application and sizing assistance to designers, specifiers, contractors, distributors, end-users and Golf sales team.
- Prepare quotations based on specific applications.
- Prepare regular and special sales reports, as assigned, including bimonthly reports, strategic plans, market share analyses, etc.
- Travel in support of sales efforts and attend industry events (travel approximately 60%).
- 5+ years of successful sales and/or marketing experience, preferably with capital equipment.
- BA or BS degree.
- Understanding of pumps and pump station product sales.
- Excellent professional selling skills including experience in sales, service, specification and project management of capital equipment and systems.
- Self-motivated, team player, with proven ability to achieve results individually and through others.
- Strong analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Strong written, verbal, computer, and presentation skills.
- MBA or advanced technical degree.
- Located in the northeast US or Florida.
- Experience in sales to the Golf maintenance market.
- Comprehensive understanding of the golf irrigation market with working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair, and product application.
- Bi-lingual – English and Spanish.
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website