The Manufacturing Engineer (Continuous Improvement) will play a critical role within the Azusa team to improve processes, production flow, safety and quality. The individual will lead efforts to drive both continuous improvement (Kaizen) and transformational improvement (Kaikaku). The Manufacturing Engineer has a comprehensive understanding of lean processes, visual factory layout, high volume automation equipment, automated assembly equipment, and material flow throughout the factory. They will analyze production processes and output throughout the factory, collect production data, and determine corrective courses of action to promote safety, quality, and efficiency, including building and developing self-directed work teams in each cell.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze process metrics to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on sustainable and measurable quality, service and cost improvements
- Ensure factory layout, both at macro and micro levels, is suitable for an efficient manufacturing process
- Implement predictive and preventative tools to understand when processes are changing to prevent failures (SPC, TPM, Visual Management, KPI analysis, Auditing, etc.)
- Lead Kaizen and Kaikaku improvement events and the implementation of improvements
- Contribute to the 5S and Safety initiatives to ensure that improvements are sustained and entrenched within the business
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders at all levels and in all departments of the company to ensure their engagement and support
- Has comprehensive assembly knowledge, and is able to perform all department assembly operations, including running automated assembly machines to understand how they function
- Safety Conscious
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 5+ years of related experience
- Experience in high volume automated manufacturing, preferably consumer products
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematics skills.
- Previous Manufacturing experience in Quality, Safety, Systems, Lean, or Six Sigma principles / methodologies is desired.
- Ability to effectively combine theoretical training with practical experience in a "hands on" environment.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lead, train and develop others
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude
- Advanced Computer knowledge (MS Office, PeopleSoft/MRP Systems, Access/SQL Database, etc.)
- Black Belt Lean Six-Sigma and/or Lean Leader training / certificate highly desired
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- Master's degree in Engineering or Operations Management
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website