Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking a Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate to join our Rexel USA team in Canton, OH!
The Truck Driver I is responsible for delivering products to/from customers, company branch/warehouse locations, and company suppliers in a delivery van or box truck (No CDL required). Responsible for ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner, and materials are correct and free of damage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects company vehicles for visual and operating defects. Responsible for completing a daily inspection report
- Keeps company vehicle clean, serviced, and maintained. Alerts supervisor of repair and/or service needed
- Must follow Department of Transportation (DOT), local and state driving laws and regulations
- Loads or unloads vehicle; and ensures all material for each order is correct (quantity and type of material), and that material is free of damage before departure
- May assist in preparing orders for delivery
- Ensures all appropriate documentation is thoroughly completed at the time of delivery, including delivery receipt is signed by the customer, packing list, and branch/warehouse manifest
- Picks up material returns from customers. Responsible for inspecting the condition of the material and verifies quantities and catalog numbers
- Picks up material from company suppliers
- May be required to support other Warehouse duties such as preparing and filling orders and/or receiving, stocking, staging, and shipping material
- Other duties as assigned
- In lieu of experience, must attend company driver training
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass a pre-employment and annual review of their Motor Vehicle Record
- Must obtain verification of non-expired medical certificate as required by law within 60 days of hire
- Must not have had a suspended drivers' license for a traffic accident/violation within the past 3 years
- Must not have any at-fault accidents in the past 3 years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to handle loads with a combined weight not to exceed 26,000 GVW
- Ability to handle basic issues and problems
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations, and be familiar with traffic and driver laws
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Ability to write and read routine reports or job orders. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees within the organization.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software and order processing systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In this position the employee is required to speak, read and hear English.
- Walk on concrete or other hard floor surface: 6-8 hours
- Standing continuously: up to 3 hours
- Pull heavy items in warehouse or yard: 6-8 hours
- Load and unload trucks from ground level or platform: 3-6 hours
- Lift minimum weight unassisted of up to 50 lbs: 3-6 hours
- Lift minimum weight unassisted of 75lbs: up to 3 hours
- Operate transportation equipment: 3-6 hours
- Repetitive use of hands/manual dexterity: 6-8 hours
- Work continuously for 8 hours per day, 5 days a week (with legally required breaks) : 6-8 hours
- Sitting for continuous periods: up to 3 hours
- Repetitively climbing: 3-6 hours
- Continuous repetitive kneeling: 3-6 hours
- Reaching – overhead: up to 3 hours; shoulder: 6-8 hours; below shoulder: up to 3 hours
- Twisting: 6-8 hours
- Bending: 6-8 hours
- Heaviest item required to carry: Electrical Panels & Wire Spools
- Manual use equipment: Wire measuring equipment
- Transport equipment: Sit down forklift, Upright forklift, Pallet Jack & Commercial Truck Driving
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures. This position constantly requires expose to extreme weather conditions in a warehouse environment at company branches. This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: Canton
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Apply on company website