At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush is searching for a Commodity Manager to join our Supply Chain team! The Commodity Manager (CM) is an individual who is extremely strategic and forward thinking. A CM is a subject matter expert who monitors market trends, develops sourcing strategies, and communicates commodity agreements and strategies across the business. The CM will possess a demonstrated competence in the development & execution of commodity strategies, negotiation, and supplier assessments. The main commodity for this role is IT (software and hardware), but additional commodities will be assigned. This position is located in Livonia, MI.
- Lead current production cost reduction & new program sourcing globally for the commodities
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to seek input, common ground, and trust of the Commodity Team to optimize overall impact
- Process purchase orders and ensure that supplier is meeting delivery dates
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies and plans to leverage Roush's global buy and optimize total supplier performance (cost, quality, delivery, and launch)
- Lead, manage and execute all data collection, validation, analysis, and negotiation activities for the commodities
- Lead the negotiation and management of global strategic supplier contracts & approve any changes. Manage overall relationship for strategic suppliers.
- Communicate commodity agreements and strategies to the business globally. Communicate progress periodically to senior-level managers within and outside the company.
- Facilitate ongoing supplier assessment and performance review meetings, monitor effectiveness of strategy, and make changes where appropriate
- Serve as a resource/expert for the commodities
- Take part in process improvements in conjunction with the team to develop & implement best practices
- Monitor supply markets and trends and aggregate forecasts & global specifications
- The Commodity Manager will operate in a professional manner with the highest personal integrity
- Approve all sourcing decisions globally
- Cost model development
- Bachelor's degree in business-related or technical area
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in managing commodities
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings
- Ability to manage complex commodities and increasing spend/growth across multiple commodities
- Experience with cost modeling/cost drivers/cost structures
- Demonstrated competence in negotiating skills and assessing suppliers
- Demonstrated competence in developing & implementing commodity strategies
- Possesses an understanding of industry quality standards
- Coordination, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to travel 20% of the time (both domestic and international)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Indirect purchasing experience
- Experience managing IT commodities
- Technical capability
- Cost analysis experience
- Manufacturing exposure/experience
- Experience in the automotive industry
- PeopleSoft experience
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
*MM *AL *JG *KR
Apply on company website