At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Are you an Electronics and Software Controls Engineer looking for a dynamic company to join? Due to our steady growth, we are seeking an Electronics and Software Controls Engineer to develop, modify, or create control systems for a variety of projects (in various industries) through the deployment of hardware and/or software. This position will be located in our Livonia, MI facility.
- Capture and document customer system/hardware/software requirements
- Specify, design and develop control system electronics hardware, sensors, and actuators
- Design and develop system wiring, including wiring schematics, conductor, connector and terminal selection
- Design, develop, and verify software and control algorithms to meet requirements
- Develop system plant models for control system development
- Perform data analysis and system control tuning/calibration
- Perform system testing and troubleshooting, ensuring a control system meets requirements
- Effectively interface with co-workers and customers in meetings
- Must be a US citizen or US lawful permanent resident allowing for ITAR compliance
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer science
- Minimum 2 years of post-graduate working experience in controls (automotive or military vehicle level preferred)
- Experience in embedded systems application and its testing
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, LabVIEW, C, C++, Python software languages
- Experience with CANbus, Serial, and Ethernet communications
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics, and a good understanding of electrical and electronics basics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write concise technical reports as an Electronics and Software Controls Engineer
- Initiative to work independently and handle several assignments simultaneously
- Able to manage time to ensure projects are completed by deadline – may require overtime
- Ability to absorb new technical assignments on your own
- Must be willing to support limited travel
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
*MM *KR *JG *AL
Apply on company website