At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush has an immediate need for a Lead Systems Network Architect to join its growing team! The Lead Systems Network Architect is a subject matter expert (SME) in the creation, development, and testing of vehicle and advanced sensor system network architectures. The role leads a team on the creation, evaluation, and technical oversight of the development process for next generation network architectures and provides oversight for network and vehicle configuration updates, troubleshooting, and testing. The Lead Systems Network Architect designs and develops prototype and production-intent network architectures including network structures, data transmission rate, network configurations, network protocols, and network resource utilization. The role provides leadership, guidance, coaching, and technical direction to the network architecture team. This position is located in Troy, MI.
- Ideates and creates in-vehicle network architecture.
- Provides technical guidance to meet overall network architecture objectives.
- Manages and develops network engineering team.
- Analyzes documentation created by network engineers for quality.
- Recommends and evaluates hardware.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with In-Vehicle Network (IVN) architecture and design
- Experience with networking hardware, network structures, data transmission rate, network configuration, network protocol, and network resource utilization
- Advanced knowledge in developing and writing networking requirements definitions.
- Ability to lead a technical team including strong knowledge in providing professional and technical growth.
- Advanced knowledge in Agile program methodology and implementation.
- Ability to work on the engineering and integration of military ground vehicle electronics systems and subsystems.
- Knowledge of best practices in documentation of networking and network hardware.
- Advanced knowledge in Ethernet, Controller Area Network (CANBUS), C4ISR/Electronic Warfare Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS), Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCiE), video distribution networks, and in-vehicle networks.
- Master's degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Agile Process methodologies.
- Experience in network development, configuration, and testing.
- Experience with the engineering and integration of military ground vehicle electronics systems and subsystems.
- Good knowledge of Vetronics systems and application.
- Good understanding of business processes: creation, refinement, and gap analyses.
- Ability to interface with software, network, and hardware development and integration teams.
- Advanced knowledge of network topology, communications standards, and protocols.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website