At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush has an immediate need for a Lead Systems Software Architect to join its growing team! The Lead Systems Software Architect is a subject matter expert (SME) creation, development, and testing of vehicle and advanced sensor system interface software architectures. The role leads team on the creation, evaluation, and technical oversight of the development process for next generation software architectures and provides oversight for software and vehicle configuration updates, troubleshooting, and testing. The Lead Systems Software Architect designs and develops prototype and production-intent software architectures and is the creative leader for next generation front end, middleware, and back-end software architectures. The role provides leadership, guidance, coaching, and technical direction to the network architecture team. This position is located in Troy, MI.
- Ideates and creates in-vehicle software architectures.
- Provides technical guidance to meet overall software architecture objectives.
- Manages and develops software engineering team.
- Analyzes documentation created by software engineers for quality.
- Recommends and evaluates software technology and language.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with In-Vehicle Software architecture and design.
- Experience with software languages, technologies, methodologies, Application Programming Interfaces (API's), database, and Pub/Sub.
- Advanced knowledge in developing and writing software requirements definitions.
- Ability to lead a technical team including strong knowledge in providing professional and technical growth.
- Advanced knowledge in Agile program methodology and implementation.
- Ability to work on the engineering and integration of military ground vehicle electronics systems and subsystems.
- Knowledge of best practices in documentation of software and software technology.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in software systems integration.
- Master's degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Agile Process methodologies.
- Experience in software development, configuration, and testing.
- Experience with the engineering and integration of military ground vehicle electronics systems and subsystems.
- Good knowledge of Vetronics systems and application.
- Good understanding of business processes: creation, refinement, and gap analyses.
- Ability to interface with software, network, and hardware development and integration teams.
- Advanced knowledge in software topology, software technology, and language recommendation and evaluation.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website