At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
Roush has an immediate need for a Senior Automotive Body Structures Engineer to join our team. The Senior Automotive Body Structures Engineer is a design and release Engineer for automotive body structures. The role works on projects for large and small customers. The Senior Automotive Body Structures Engineer designs and releases vehicle body in white (BIW) structures using knowledge of steel, aluminum, and composites to create lightweight, efficient vehicle bodies. This position is located in Allen Park, MI.
As a Senior Automotive Body Structures Engineer, you will:
- Design and release vehicle body in white (BIW) structures.
- Interface with and provide direction to CAD designers.
- Work with other engineers to achieve holistic design solutions for projects.
- Prepare supplier specifications for suppliers and work with them to design and provide appropriate designs and components for the product.
- Present designs to customers and describe how structure designs will address customer needs.
- Provide guidance to Body team on vehicle architecture and structural make-up for vehicle bodies.
- Create knowledge-based items specific to area of expertise.
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in automotive body engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with body structures.
- Experience conducting presentations and management reviews.
- Working knowledge of metal and composite vehicle material methodologies.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to provide robust solutions to complex problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to act as a liaison between various groups and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A successful candidate may also have:
- Master's degree in engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Familiarity with OEM processes and documentation for design, release, testing and quality.
- Functional proficiency on one of the major CAD systems – Catia, NX. Solid Works.
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
To apply for this position and view all of our other career opportunities at Roush, click here: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website