We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you're part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate opening for a Systems & Functional Safety Engineer. The Systems and Functional Safety Engineer applies systems engineering based principles in planning, design, development, and validation of different system solutions for multiple disciplines. The Systems & Functional Safety Engineer helps develop functional safety work products by applying ISO 26262 or equivalent safety procedures and processes.
As a Systems & Functional Safety Engineer, you will:
- Plan, design, develop, and validate systems across multiple disciplines
- Manage and develop work products related to functional safety development and analysis
- Develop qualitative and quantitative analysis, using methods such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Failure, Modes, Effects and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), and alternate safety analysis approaches
- Develop requirements, test case and validation plans
- Assure the safety of complex systems in applications ranging including autonomous vehicles, multi-core microprocessors, and electric vehicle powertrains
- Develop functional and technical safety concepts to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements
- Manage projects related to functional safety development and analysis
- Implement safety management programs in product development settings
- Design, develop, integrate, and provide test support at customer and client sites
To be considered as a Systems & Functional Safety Engineer, you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automotive systems or related industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in systems engineering or safety standards ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 or similar
- Experience in systems engineering application and process, including requirements development, test cases and validation
- Experience in designing and developing functional safety work products (Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA), FTA, FMEA) based on ISO 26262 or similar standards
- Good knowledge of Jama, Doors and similar systems engineering software and tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
A successful candidate may also have:
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering or mechatronics
- 3 years of experience in systems engineering and functional safety
- Experience with software and tools for controls and electrical development (MATLAB, Simulink)
- Experience with risk analysis and fault tolerant redundancy architecture
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
*SF *MM *KR
Apply on company website