We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you're part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense, and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate opening for a Systems Simulation Engineer. The Systems Simulation Engineer will develop models to support systems design and controls and software algorithm development. The role will provide systems engineering support in planning, design, development, and validation of different system solutions for multiple disciplines. The Systems Simulation Engineer will perform independent project tasks and collaborate with customers and team members.
As a Systems Simulation Engineer, you will:
- Develop, define, and characterize topology and performance optimization systems and subsystems component selection.
- Develop models and simulations to support controls and software algorithm development.
- Develop control plant models with multi domain and co-simulation in MATLAB Simulink, Dspace, and ETAS.
- Develop 1D and 3D systems models for systems or subsystems.
- Plan, design, develop and validate systems and system solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Develop requirements, test case and validation plan for systems, subsystems, and components.
- Support data synthesis, processing, and analysis.
- Develop controls models ranging from high fidelity to high response models.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations for status reviews and project sign-off.
To be considered as a Systems Simulation Engineer you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of systems modeling or related industry experience.
- Experience with custom scripts and modeling application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge in controls and software development in MATLAB and Simulink, C, C++, and Python.
- Practical knowledge of Internal Organization for Standardization (ISO) 26262, International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 61508, or other relevant safety standards.
- Knowledge of dynamic modeling.
- Background in machine learning, optimization, path planning, and data science.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
A successful candidate may also have:
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in controls development or modeling.
- Experience with 1D and 3D simulation tools including co-simulation.
- Knowledge of analysis techniques such as fault tree analysis, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), and Failure Mode Effects Diagnostic Analysis.
- Knowledge of risk analysis and fault tolerant redundancy architecture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website