You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Collections Associate II will work directly with customers as an advocate to effectively manage the Ryder receivable base, through partnering with the customer key decision makers, their payables process (corporate and division locations), and by providing service and support to billing issues. The NCCS will interact with National Sales, National Rental, Operations Management and Sr. Finance Management for collection of accounts receivable, customer support in dispute resolution and oversight in risk of loss.
- Act as the single receivables advocate contact for the National Customer Collection (Lease, Rental, & On Demand Maintenance) portfolio responsible for managing tactical accounts receivable (A/R) issues, supporting the National Account Manager (NAM), National Rental Manager (NRM), Director of Operations (DOO) and Sr Finance Management, allowing them to manage the strategic customer issues for the accounts
- Responsible for service and support for resolving deductions and disputes on billed invoice open amounts based on partial payment, analysis or Customer feedback, and the resolution, or facilitation of resolution, of the invoice amount(s) as it relates to Lease, Rental and On Demand Maintenance disputed rates, days, miles, subs, accidents, fees, insurance, license, tax and/or maintenance (Ryder or Customer unit) including purchase orders, Repair orders, fee mark-up or other customer requirements or special instructions, etc.; for all the accounts within the portfolio of business, by means of customer payment, invoice credit or combination of; and as necessary, identify root cause and close loop resolution on recurrence deductions and disputes in upstream people and process.
- Provide regular updates and overview summaries on open A/R to Customers to ensure aged receivables, disputes and deduction are managed within financial targets. Provide regular touch points with the customer to ensure satisfaction with open receivables
- Provide Ryder's Finance organization Senior Leadership, NAM, NRM and DOO with forecasting on receivables including bad debt expense, risk of loss or other major dispute adversely impacting financial metrics or service levels, through information gathered by collections and receivable management, in order to help manage negative impact to the organization.
- Participate in projects, committees or focus groups related to enhancements in Collections, Accounts Receivable, Credit Billing/Invoicing, or Customer Service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop an understanding and familiarity of the customer's processes, build rapport, and provide customer service skills in order to optimize receivables and provide timely support and resolution of issues
- Solid experience in communicating (verbal and written) with commercial customers in various levels of internal and external management, in collecting account receivables (A/R) and resolving disputes
- Ability to work independently and effectively handle multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Strong time management skills and ability to assess and prioritize multiple requests while being held accountable for financial results
- Ability to work in a fast paced business environment while maintaining a high degree of integrity and professionalism with the customer base
- Ability to understand accounting concepts as they apply to forecasting, reconciliations and overall portfolio management
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with senior management and customers (Corporate and Division locations) within National Customer base, including C-level
- Ability to identify, recommend, and develop billing/invoicing/ operating/collections processes to efficiently interact with customer processes to shorten the order-to-cash cycle
- Strong people, peer relationships and persuasiveness skills
- Strong oral, written communications and active listening skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Associate's degree required or 5 years related experience
- Equivalent financial service experience (collections, credit, customer service, billing or related field preferred
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Credit & Collections
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website