You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Application Developer IV will support all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle; including but not limited to gathering and analyzing user requirements, developing and testing code, responding to outages, and creating application system models.
- Design and develop enterprise-level software programs.
- Maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Test the application using various testing strategies like Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Smoke Testing to ensure everything works before handing off build to the QA Team. Support defect resolution from user and QA testing.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for Severity 1 issues, per duty roster with a root-cause/corrective action mindset. Manage Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Severity 2 and 3 support tickets.
- Work with Product Owner to groom backlogs and provide capability.
- Develop, document, and maintain technical specifications and design documentation; including but not limited to solution diagrams, flowcharts, checklists, migration plans, and core solution documentation for posterity.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers and peers to achieve resolution to outstanding problems and/or issues.
- Monitor application health by establishing dashboards and alerts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to collect information, detect patterns, brainstorm, interpret data, integrate new information, and theorize to problem solve and make decisions
- Have a command of computer languages to write and update computer programs, including the ability to debug and test programs
- Ability to be comfortable and effective with issues that lack clarity, structure or certainty
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to document and maintain technical specifications
- Possess a high degree of initiative
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Engineering or related field
- Master's degree preferred in Computer Science or related field
- Three (3) years or more Transportation Management and/or Distribution Management Technology preferred
- Seven (7) years or more Software Development required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Application Development, Delivery & Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website