Job ID: 2019-79226
The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of the assigned operations in the distribution management environment. This position ensures compliance with company and department policies, procedures and work instructions in order to provide a safe and productive work environment, optimum customer service and accurate records and is responsible for leading, guiding, training and directing Leads and Warehouse Supervisors.
This individual works directly with managers, supervisors and hourly employees and may interact with the customer and/or have profit and loss responsibility depending on the complexity and size of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Logistics or Transportation or 8 (eight) years of combined college and/or relevant equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of supervisory experience required
- Experience with warehouse and or software applications, routing and dispatch software systems required
- Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT, OSHA and all related safety regulations
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a transportation, warehouse or distribution environment preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred
- Ensuring flawless execution and adherence to pre-established customer critical success factors
- Management of all areas of transportation to include safety, transportation, DOT regulation, compliance, P and L responsibility, distribution and customer service
- Management of assigned direct reports to include employee relation issues, performance management, new employee training and development
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website