You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
AZ Day Trips, Cross-Border, Home Daily
About the position:
- Fast Card preferred, but not Required.
- PTO Policy: 10 days of paid time off in your first year (in addition to regular vacation pay).
- No Touch Freight!
- Home Time : Day Trips, Home every day.
- Delay pay: startsafter 30 minutes, and drop fees. You are always getting paid!
- Weekly pay with Direct Deposit
- RRSP, Stock Options, and a COMPANY PAID PENSION PLAN
- Ryder Maintenance 24/7 Roadside assistance
If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
- Operate a single or tandem axle truck (tractor-trailer combination unit) for the purpose of picking up and/or delivering freight from customer, supplier and/or Company locations within U.S. and Canada
- Complete documentation pertaining to driving and delivery duties (i.e. log book, equipment inspection reports, records distance traveled, verifies and completes customer paperwork)
- Oversee all functions of the vehicle, such as condition of equipment and loading/ unloading of freight
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to drive in all weather conditions
- Must have customer service/delivery experience
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Working using health and safety methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- H.S. diploma/GED preferred
- Must have a minimum of 9 months experience in commercial driving required
- Must not have more than one moving violation or accidents (anything other than parking) required
- Valid Driver's License (AZ/Class 1) with air brake endorsement for license
Travel: Greater than 60%
Job Category: Drivers
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213-4040.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l'équité en matière d'emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l'inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 226-213-4040.
Apply on company website