$500 Sign-On Bonus!!
($250 at 30 days & $250 at 90 days!)
Our team is growing!
Ryder is hiringa 1st Shift Cargo Handler in
The Cargo Handler is responsible for accurately loading and unloading our customer's products. This may include moving product into and out of trailers and warehouse locations, placing product in distribution bins for the customer or any variation as required. This position is responsible for customer satisfaction by ensuring that all they accurately follow all work instructions, whether written or verbal.
About the position:
- Consistent pay:$15.00/hr
- Shift:First shift 8:00am-4:30pm
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Skills: Computer skills, forklift experience and customer service skills neccessary.
- Requirments: Must have a valid drivers license and able to pass a motor vehicle report, background check and drug test.
- The customer on this account requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated, with exceptions only as required by law. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an individual has been “fully vaccinated” two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series (such as Pfizer, Moderna, or Oxford-AstraZeneca), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson). The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine has not been approved for use in the United States, but it has been approved for use in other countries
Text "Charlotte" to Airika at 904-541-8563
Ryder values our Employees and their Referrals.
Receive a$1,500 Referral Bonusfor every referral who starts.
- Stability, paid training and growth opportunities
- Safe equipment, supportive managers and respect for our employees
- Comprehensive benefit package - Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 401k & Stock Purchase Plan. Benefits start 30 days after hire!
- PTO accrual starts on day one
- Employee Discounts that save you money on Tools, Cars, Hotels, Electronics/Appliances, Cell Phones, Travel, and much more
- Forbes' 2021 list of the “America's Best Employers for Diversity” and "America's Best Employers for Veterans"
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification required
- A minimum of one year of related shipping and receiving or warehouse experience, with two years preferred
- Ability to lift at least fifty (50) pounds unassisted
- Capacity to transact system information in a productive manner
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Performs material moves with associated transactions as required by the customer
- Works at a fast pace continuously
- Loads and unloads inbound/outbound trailers
- Ensures all scanning is completed correctly
- Helps train dock employees on new procedures
- Ensures facility is secure at end of shift; investigates/resolves scanning issues and housekeeping
- Performs the assigned tasks, as directed, to include the physical handling of materials within associated customer transactions
- Completes assignments safely within the allotted time
- Participates in workgroup and other team activities for the purpose of self improvement and improving warehouse operations and related business functions
- Abides by all company safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing work assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Picks product to fill customer orders
- Packs, crates and prepares order to load on truck/trailer
- Operates cardboard baler machine
- Operates forklift and manual pallet jack
- Pre-trip inspection on forklift on a daily basis
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Other duties may be assigned based on operational needs
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-NC-CHARLOTTE
Posted Date 1 month ago (5/25/2022 12:25 PM)
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 0701
Apply on company website