Stop your job search!
Now hiring for immediate openings for Class A drivers, and want you to join our team in Canastota, NY
Call Adrienne (904) 541-9561
Or text " Canastota ” to (904) 431-7365
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination appointments!
About the position:
- Compensation: Averaging $1,500/week!
- Quality Home Time including Weekends
- Sign On Bonus: $8,000
- No Touch Freight
- Trailer type: Dry Van
- Additional Benefits: Experienced Management Team on a long standing customer account.
- Full Time: Comprehensive benefit package – Health, Dental, Prescription and Vision insurance as well as 401k and stock purchase plan.
Driver with 20 years of service explains
"I like working at Ryder because of the programs that are in place to help me succeed as a safe driver . The ongoing safety classes, fleet maintenance programs and up to date DOT compliance of equipment and staff make it easier for me to continue my driving career at Ryder"
Your job is essential to keep our economy afloat and your safety through this pandemic is our top priority. We have implemented stringent cleaning processes and will provide personal protective equipment to keep you safe as you keep America moving!
- Bluetooth hands-free devices permitted
- Great employee discounts on tools, cell phones, appliances, electronics, and cars
- PTO beginning in first year
- 24/7 industry leading emergency roadside assistance to get you up and running quickly. Over 800 maintenance facilities nationwide. If your truck is down, you still get paid.
- Be the captain of your ship – we trust you to make decisions to keep yourself and others safe! We are committed to driver safety.
- Travel companion policy – need to bring a family member on the road with you? They're our family too and because we know pets are family, this policy extends to them as well. *Select locations only
- Safest, reliable fleet in the industry
- Driver & employee appreciation events
- Driver of the Year program
- Driver mentor program that develops a culture focused on safety, support, trust, and respect.
- Career development opportunities to Certified Driver Trainer, management, and beyond.
- Team environment: Managers and dispatchers that you can trust. Get the respect you deserve. You have a voice in the company.
- Voted one of America's Best Employers by Forbes four years in a row.
We develop, take care of, and cultivate long-term careers!
Start with Ryder –Retire with Ryder
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
- Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
- 9 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
- 2 years' experience within the last 5 years, OR
- 5 years' experience within the last 10 years
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted Date 1 month ago (5/12/2021 12:31 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-98849
Primary State/Province NY
Primary City CANASTOTA
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements Driver
Position Code 0682
Apply on company website