If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Employee Services Partner I supports an assigned site and is responsible for being the first point of contact to help triage and resolve site/location employee inquiries and concerns. The Employee Services Partner may escalate questions and /or concerns to Functional Specialists if unable to resolve. Additionally, the role is responsible for some employee relations consultation to Managers and Employees to resolve employee issues and advise on employee conflict resolution. Under the directive of centralized Employee Relations team, may conduct investigations to ensure that employee issues are resolved. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, displays critical thinking skills and able to problem solve while providing superior customer support and HR subject matter expertise.
- Resolve employee inquiries and issues by utilizing applicable procedures, policy manuals, knowledge management system and other reference materials. Document all employee inquiries and issues in the contact center case management application (i.e. ServiceNow)
- Partner with Functional Specialists when specific, in-depth knowledge is required
- Conduct fair, neutral, and timely investigations of employee complaints and employee relations issues in accordance with company policies and and procedures under the directive of the employee relations team
- Partners with managers, Employee Relations and HRBPs to provide support to employee conflict resolution
- Partner with location management team to implement the local human capital strategy (ie. retention initiatives, etc.)
- May be required to work extended hours during the week based on volume, and possibly into the weekend
- Time and attendance administration
- Monitor work queues
- Identify areas for continuous improvement
- May be required to meet productivity and accuracy standards
- Cross-train on other duties as assigned by management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and efficiency in responding to written messages through a computer system
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers and HR teams
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to remain impartial during investigations
- Professional and enthusiastic, with a pleasant telephone manner
- Effective active listening skills required with ability to probe to ensure appropriate resolution
- Strong communication, organization, time management skills, and functional expertise (e.gbenefits, compensation)
- Time management
- Ability to upskill and train on technology and functional aspects of case management systems
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Bachelor's degree required Business administration with HR concentration or related field
- Two (2) years or more employee relations or similar HR function required
- Two (2) years or more HR generalist or similar functions required
DOT Regulated: None
Job Category: General Human Resources
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website