If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Endpoint Engineering Lead is responsible for providing overall technical guidance and subject matter expertise to approximately 7 Endpoint Engineering. The Endpoint Engineering Lead will work closely with Endpoint Team members, Customers, and other IT Teams in addressing complex endpoint issues, initiatives, and solutions. Provide strategic guidance for future technologies for endpoint management and desktop solutions. Is responsible for the design, implementation, and governance of solutions for end point technologies including device hardware, operating systems, firmware, and software. Continuously assesses platforms to ensure business requirements are satisfied and the employee experience exceeds expectation. The Endpoint Engineering Lead will provide Endpoint Engineering and End User Support L2 personnel with technical guidance on Endpoint Management which includes Mobile Device Management, Endpoint Encryption, Endpoint Imaging, Endpoint configurations, Group Policy, and PowerBroker for Windows. The Endpoint Engineering Lead is responsible for the overall management of all endpoints in US and Canada and is specifically responsible for managing and maintaining the LANDesk Management Suite to include administration support as well as creating and managing all installation packages, updates, and deployments.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Endpoint Engineering and End User Support Team members on complex issues
- Responsible for the overall management of over 18,000 computers and over 3,500 mobile devices
- Work on projects and initiatives pertaining to applications, configurations, and/or solutions impacting endpoints. Provide diagnosis and remedies to complex problems involving systems, operations, and software
- Design, develop, and manage software deployment packages and installer applications
- Maintain and Support the LANDesk Management Suite which includes PC Remote Support Management, Patch Management, Application Packaging, and Software Distributions
- Responsible for supporting the Endpoint Engineering Team with the administration and support of the Full Disk Encryption, MDT Imaging Infrastructure, WSUS, PowerBroker for Windows, and AirWatch environments
• Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or additional four (4) years of required experience – Preferred
- Seven (7) years or more
- In endpoint management and support
- Five (5) years or more Extensive experience with Endpoint Management Solutions (Ivanti and ECM)
- Five (5) years or more Extensive experience with Image Development and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Ivanti Imaging
- Five (5) years or more Extensive experience with Mobile Device Management (AirWatch, ActiveSync, Enterprise Mobility Suite)
- Three (3) years or more Advanced experience with implementing, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Objects
- Three (3) years or more Advanced experience with Windows Installer technology, application packaging, Microsoft scripting technologies, VBScript, PowerShell, and AutoIT
- Two (2) years or more Advanced experience with Full Disk Encryption (Check Point FDE and/or BitLocker)
- Two (2) years or more Advanced experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Two (2) years or more Experience with PowerBroker for Windows
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Ability to find solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with the available information and resources
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Demonstrated expert level aptitude of Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems
- Demonstrated expert level aptitude of multi-site, large environment application package deployments
- Demonstrated expert level aptitude with quality assurance testing methodologies and practices
- In-depth knowledge and aptitude with configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software on PC
- Knowledge and background with the creation of technical and non-technical documentation and user guides
Job Category: User Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website