Job ID: 2019-81166
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!
We are currently hiring a Vehicle Quality Inspector in
**Great Place to Learn, Gain Experience, and Grow**
**Great for Supplement Income**
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
The Equipment Quality Inspector will be responsible for delivering Ryder Vehicle Sales (RVS) value to the customer. This individual will be primarily responsible for pre-inspecting vehicles before the customer takes delivery. S/he will also be taking scheduled vehicles for test rides as part of our scheduled RVS exercise program.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three (1-3) years of mechanical and/or customer service experience
Mechanical aptitude preferred
Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to meet Ryder's driving qualifications
Basic computer skills
Demonstrated mechanical experience/aptitude preferred
- Knowledge of heavy duty truck equipment preferred
Work in an outside environment
Work flexible hours including shift work, weekends, holidays and, possibly, in a different location
- Follow directions from multiple individuals
- Exercise used vehicles on Ryder property to assure vehicles are "road ready" (check for leaks, visual inspections, and minor mechanical malfunctions)
- Make recommendations/complete minor repairs on Ryder's used vehicles
- Record findings/data in a variety of Ryder systems
- Check in vehicles
- Check for leaks/tire pressure/fluids
- Check for minor mechanical malfunctions
- Inspect all vehicles as they come into inventory
- Complete minor repairs/adjustments, as needed
- Make recommendations on possible repairs needed
- Enter findings into Ryder's computer systems
- Report findings and issues to Vehicle Sales Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website