Job ID: 2020-82431
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!
We are currently hiring a Shift Supervisor in
**Great Place to Learn, Gain Experience, and Grow**
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
The Shift Supervisor (SS) assists the Service Manager I and II and/or Sr. Service Manager I and II manage the operations and personnel for a shift of a particular location. The Shift Supervisor may have supervisory duties of employees on a shift, including but not limited to: Technicians-In-Charge, Customer Service Coordinators, Technicians, and Service Employees. The Shift Supervisor must be able to accomplish results and ensure business objectives and labor requirements are met. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the customers needs are being met while balancing financial, operating, quality, safety and asset targets against the requirements of the business. This position is responsible for the management of the location performance against metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. The Shift Supervisor should be cross functionally trained in order to be able to back up others within the shop. As with all FMS Shop positions, the SS is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. This may also be a development position to prepare incumbents for the Service Manager role.
- College degree (Associates or Bachelor's) preferred or 1 - 3 years or more experience in a maintenance operations environment required
- Demonstrated success in a Ryder role may be substituted for this requirement
- Ability to professionally represent Ryder and competently interact with customer management required Strong vehicle diagnostics/repair knowledge preferred
- Maintenance and Technical experience in a shop environment is required Supervisory experience preferred
- Capacity to understand labor, financial and quality planning
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Competent in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office environment
- Experience with a Shop Management System is preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to a safe work environment, quality execution, and customer service as evidenced by previous experience and performance track record
- Must have demonstrated customer service focus, work flow analysis and management skills
- Exposure to Lean/Six Sigma principles preferred
- Ability to solve operational problems with minimal assistance
- Ability to resolve customer issues with minimal assistance
- Ability to lead and train workforce.
- Workflow Management: Responsible for work analysis, planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approval
- Ensures all warranty policies and procedures are executed
- Responsible for Triage of unscheduled customer drive-ins, and for communicating with customers and assigning work to technicians as appropriate
- Responsible for conducting yard checks to ensure proper work scheduling and prioritization
- Labor Management Provides management, training and development of all personnel assigned
- Responsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnel
- Customer Management: Responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction and retention, as well as ensuring vehicle uptime
- Responsible for customer communication protocol as it pertains to PM Scheduling & follow-up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates
- Conduct customer visits as required by the Customer Care Plan
- Asset Management: Directs his/her direct reports in maintaining the appearance and maintenance of assigned location, including sustaining 6S standards in all relevant shop areas of responsibility
- Evaluates needs and makes recommendation for shop tooling and equipment requirements
- Assist in the management and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in-service/out-service process
- Assist in ensuring all vehicles have required specifications in SAM
- Responsible for Parts Inventory management, policies and procedures
- Quality Management: Responsible for Quality Inspections of PM & repairs, as well as performing In Process Reviews of non-PM work
- Perform breakdown root cause analysis, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance Center
- Ensure Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehicles. Work with Service Manager to ensure all technicians are properly trained and qualified, and TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trends
- Maintain control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimized
- Assist in the development and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programs. Accountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirements Ensure Employee compliance with Safety and EPA regulations and requirements Financial Management: Responsible for ensuring shift/shop delivers against Net Maintenance Cost per Unit objectives without sacrificing quality, safety or customer satisfaction
- Responsible for cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet financial objectives
- Responsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targets. Responsible for Payroll, Purchase Order approval, as warranted, and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliation
- Responsible for the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re-billable activity
- Ensure data integrity in the Shop Management Online systems
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website