If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Technical Trainer will provide and/or coordinate adequate training solutions to all shop personnel so that each employee has the necessary knowledge and skill for their level which contributes to the attainment of maintenance initiatives, cost controls, customer satisfaction and retention, employee growth and retention and overall performance and productivity. This position is responsible for insuring Ryder administered training meets or exceeds the expectation of our internal customers. Effective training is required to insure trainees will be able to positively impact running costs by reducing rework, breakdown and outside spend once complete. The MFT is responsible for driving continuous improvement in safety, quality and speed throughout the FMS maintenance organization.
Location: Philadelphia PA
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Compensation: Annual salary
- Responsible for administering technical and leadership training to all FMS maintenance employees
- Responsible for the qualification of technical training to all FMS Maintenance employees
- Actively involved in identification, development and updating of current and new training materials and courses
- Responsible for timely updating TalentMap upon course completion
- Monitor training facilities to insure they provide high quality training environments, are adequately supplied and equipped to support world class training. Communicate to Operations Leadership the needs of the center
- Operate as catalyst for TTRP to improve eligibility and participation
- Promote and support ASE participation and Safety programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Prior training and development knowledge intermediate preferred
- H.S. diploma/GED, required
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Two (2) years or more in transportation industry, required
- Three (3) years or more working with heavy duty trucks, tractors, trailers, refrigeration and related components (diesel engines, transmissions, brakes, power train, etc.), preferred
- Three (3) years or more Rental and Lease company experience, preferred
- One (1) year or more experience in managing people and remote personnel, preferred
- Prior training and development knowledge intermediate, preferred
- TMC,ASE,VICA/Skills USA certifications
Travel: Greater than 20%
Non-Regulated - Tech Practice Safety during training sessions
DOT Regulated: CDL - optional depending on location assignment
\#INDexempt #FB #LI-post
Job Category: Training and Development
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website