If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here at http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Group Manager Transportation is responsible for all client facing transportation management activities including field operations. Client base may include up to 8 clients generating approximately $175 million freight under management. Book of business will generate approximately $7M in operating revenue and $2M in operating margin. In addition to direct client facing responsibilities, position may also support Supply Chain Services vertical as part of integrated solutions.
- Position is responsible for customer satisfaction, employee selection/development, organic revenue growth and achievement of aggressive financial targets
- Applies product knowledge to develop enhanced solutions for the customer improving customer satisfaction while improving revenue/margins for Ryder
- Works cohesively with all Ryder internal subject matter experts including Sales, Transportation Management Center Operations, Supply Chain Excellence, marketing, Pricing, Finance & IT
- Alignment of efforts and results to customer requirements and scope of work
- Development and management of field support teams including staffing and workload planning. Development of field support strategies. Developing and monitoring of field support measures and performance
- New customer implementation support
- Development and management of corrective actions and continuous process improvement. Development and improvement of standardized work processes
- Financial Management and Reporting. Account Performance Management and Reporting
- Supervises others (hire, promote, coach, development and performance management)
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Ability to negotiate with customers as new opportunities are identified, priced, negotiated and implemented
- Strategic customer initiatives. Develop saving opportunities for Ryder and customer
- Manages crisis situations by taking charge and obtaining necessary resource support
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)Strong ability to work with others (customer,carriers, & Ryder)Comfort around higher management
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective leadership and command skills, and decision quality
- Developing direct reports and others
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Innovation Management, Managing & Measuring work, motivating others
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to negotiate & drive for results
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Strategic agility
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Logistics or related field of study or minimum 8 yrs. experience
- Master's degree preferred MBA, Logistics or related field
- Eight (8) years or more Industry related experience required
- Eight (8) years or more previous experience supervising others required
- Eight (8) years or more previous experience with financials and a financial acumen required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website