Immediately hiring a Permanent Full Time Master Level Diesel Technician to support our Truck Fleet at Ryder in Landover, MD!
Hear it from a Ryder Technician Employee Here:
- Technician Positions Pay Each Week
- Hourly Pay: $31.50 per hour
- Extra Pay: $0.50 per hour for Weekend Hours
- Quarterly Bonus: Ryder Pays you up to $500 Every Quarter - Four Times Per Year
- Sign On Bonus: Ryder Pays You $2500 at 30 days and $2500 at 90 days
- Schedule: Sunday - Thursday
- Hours: First Shift 5:00 am – 1:30 pm
We want the right Maintenance Repair Mechanic to join us at Ryder to work on Heavy Duty Vehicles
Apply Here with Ryder Today
For More Info Call Ben or Text "Landover" to 410-960-4730
We have all the benefits other Shops do without the wait!
- Annual Merit Pay Increases Every Year
- On the Job Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K etc. Start at 30 Days
- We love our Ryder babies and offer 12 weeks of PAID Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off Starts Accruing at DAY ONE with 80 hours per year
- Additional Day Off for U.S. Military Veterans
- 401 K offers a company match
- HIGH VALUED Stock at 15 % Employee Discount
- PPE, UNIFORMS, AND BOOT ALLOWANCE PROVIDED
- Ryder Top Technician Recognition Programs rewards 12 Top Techs each year with Cash Prizes from $250 to $50,000!
- Technician Tuition Repayment Program up to $5,000! Ask your recruiter about it today!
Stop In and Meet the Team at the Ryder Shop: 3901 Whitetire Road Landover, MD 20785
For More Info Call Ben or Text "Landover" to 410-960-4730
Click Here to See All Ryder Careers: https://www.ryder.com/careers/diesel-technicians
We want YOU to join our family made up of Proud Women and Men in Logistics who work alongside Military Reserve and Veterans we hire everyday
Refer anyone and get rewarded with UNLIMITED bonuses up $1,500 for every Ryder hired Diesel Mechanic, Service Employee, Driver, Warehouse Associate and more!
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational or Technical Certification Post Secondary degree or Technical Certifications, preferred
- Basic tools, required
- Demonstrated aptitude and applied experience in mechanical repair of automotive gas or diesel engines including:
- Routine preventative maintenance, which should include oil changes, brake and tire work
- Diagnostics and repairs, including AC, electrical systems
- Advanced skilled level repairs to include some major engine repairs, diesel after treatment or automotive fuel injection repairs, required
- Four (4) years or more Relevant work experience, preferred
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A,preferred
- All other certification as required by location, required
- Ability to perform all T3 tasks
- Must have demonstrated advanced analytical and repair skills in vehicle maintenance
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work shift work/weekends and on call duty as required
- Prefer ASE Certification in PM, Brakes, A/C, electrical, Electronics or ASE Master Mechanic
- Required to operate shop computers and diagnostic test equipment proficiently
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must road test vehicles as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/influence others
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- SBTIII trained within 180 days (SBT220)
- Complete all OEM on-line diagnostic scan tool software courses as required by location fleet mix. (completed within 365days)
- Complete Instructor led OEM courses as required to support location fleet mix.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Performs complex repairs with minimal (if any) support.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents
- Diagnoses and repairs complex mechanical and electronic problems with minimal (if any) support, utilizing diagnostic computers/software when applicable.
- Performs remote triage to with RCRC and customers to determine best solution to assist roadside breakdowns.
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task.
- Instructs and advises other technicians regarding maintenance repair procedures and diagnostics
- Coaches/Mentors other level technicians
- Advise shop management and other technicians on shop repairs
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-MD-LANDOVER
Posted Date 2 months ago (3/20/2023 4:31 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-137435
Category Technicians/Service Employees6
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 1000068
Apply on company website