If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here at http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Manager of Operations plans, organizes, controls, manages, and coordinates all functions for a group of FMS branch locations under the oversight of the Director of Operations (DOO). This position participates in strategic planning with the DOO and the VP of Operations and is responsible for budgets, profit and loss, expenditures, parts inventory and equipment, management of the assigned personnel; maintenance management, managing customer relationships and key customer metrics; management of key quality and compliance metrics; and management of key asset related metrics. This position will collaborate with different teams across the organization to achieve overall business objectives. Collaborative relationships may include: Director of Sales (DOS) and/or Manager of Sales (MOS), Director of Rental (DOR) and/or Manager of Rental (MOR), Director of Quality Assurance (DQA) and/or Manager of Quality Assurance (MQA) and HR and other region staff positions.
- LABOR MANAGEMENT: Manage resources including coordination of people, budgets and supplies, providing proactive guidance as well as communication to senior management forecasted needs and planning for both short-term and long-term requirements of businessEffectively manage total labor hours applied in maintenance and related service activities for all domiciled vehicles, including effective management of in-sourced vs. outsourced laborUtilize sound business/process disciplines and adhering to Company defined Standard Operating Procedures and other initiatives to maximize labor productivity and efficiency while meeting or exceeding all customer quality-related requirementsEffectively manage both union and non-union locations to create and maintain a talented, motivated, industry leading technical workforceMaintain safe, environmentally compliant work practices, conditions and facilities, and driving a high priority safety culture through all levels of the work forceDevelop, coach and manage the performance of direct reports across multiple locations
- FINANCIAL & ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT: Review financial statements, operations reports and other performance data to measure productivity and efficiency; prioritize issues and identify action plans for improvementFull P&L responsibility for business/operations of assigned branchesManage maintenance costs and budgets, and holding all branch locations responsible for meeting maintenance cost budgets and overall profit responsibilitiesUtilize productivity and effective labor management disciplines to optimize overall net maintenance costs (running costs + unallocated maintenance)Maximize revenue and margin or all product lines as well as at the Operating Profit levelManage and optimize business unit overheadsEffectively manage parts and tires inventoryEnsure receivable collections and minimize DRO along with Region Finance Director and other BU personnel as appropriateCoordinate & oversight of all administrative processes for assigned branches
- CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT:Translate corporate strategies into operational priorities; convey simple direction to employees, vendors and customers; create open two-way dialogue to obtain feedbackUse computer systems and business processes to schedule work and direct maintenance and customer service activitiesSolve complex problems, using data and trends, employee information, and first-hand observation/inspection of maintenance activitiesManage operations-related initiatives to ensure the highest levels of service and retention of customersDevelop and maintain relationships with key BU customers, and actively engaging with Sales organization on customer-related initiatives
- FLEET AND FACILITY ASSET MANAGEMENT: Oversee operations-related asset management activities and metrics (e.g, inservice cycle times, outservice cycle times, out of service and sub %, etc.)Work with Asset Management organization to effectively manage life cycle of vehicle assets and optimize overall earnings and ROA for the CompanyWork with the Corporate Real Estate organization to optimize facility asset management, infrastructure and related costs, including consulting and negotiating with vendors, landlords, real estate agencies and city zoning agencies, etc
- QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT: Contribute to and implementing change initiatives to meet company goals; capable to build and communicate a solid case for change; able to gather feedback from stakeholders and act responsibly in-between DOO and employees as needed to achieve change outcomesMeet or exceed all elements of the Company's quality-related scorecardsEnsure that all locations are operating in compliance with established Company Standard Operating Procedures and executing all corporate initiativesEnsure that all locations are meeting or exceeding process and facility standards as developed by the Quality Assurance/Maintenance Standards organizationEnsure that all parts and related purchases are conducted through approved Company procurement programsEnsure that all breakdowns and service calls are handled in accordance with Company policy and BU meets or exceeds established metricsMeet or exceed all safety-related metrics
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Building strong strategic relationships, able to resolving disputes.
- Set goals/manage performance, and built talent.
- Competitive, Focus on execution, pushing for sustained performance improvement; capable to implement change.
- Empowering leadership, recognition and appreciation, supportive and inclusive.
- Clear Communications with employees, customers, vendors and peers Concise, factual and influential communicator.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to manage conflict and reconcile differences.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Ability to present information and ideas clearly and understandably to others.
- Ability to listen, write, and speak effectively Inform, explain, and give instructions.
- Ability to achieve effective results by assigning tasks to others.
- Ability to effectively plan and develop long-range strategies that successfully accomplish objectives.
- Productivity\Ability to think strategically and understand business planning.
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exert influence on changing the status quo and exercise leadership in bringing about new directions.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Ability to find solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with the available information and resources.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree required in business, transportation or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree preferred in operations management or other business related discipline.
- Five (5) years or more in managing operations in a Fortune 500 company. Experience should include but not be limited to; managing processes, recruiting and developing talent, explaining operations processes to clients and employees, solving problems, and managing in a technical environment including multi-site responsibility required.
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Operations and Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website