If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!
We are currently hiring a Operations Manager (Service Manager) in Humboldt, TN!
*Solid Tenure Shop - Gain Experience - Grow*
For over 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
One Man, One Truck, and A Dream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7nizKsPCdw&feature=youtu.be Why Should You Join The Ryder Family?
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for.
The Operations Manager II (SM II) manages the operations and personnel for locations with up to 131 - 370 equivalent truck units. May have Operations Supervisors, Technicians-In-Charge, and/or Customer Service Coordinators, as well as Technicians, Service Employees and/or a Parts Responsible Person to support the needs of assigned location. The Operations Manager II must be able to accomplish results through direct involvement and limited delegation of work and responsibilities, thus ensuring business objectives and labor requirements are met. The Operations Manager II is responsible for ensuring the customer's needs are being met while balancing financial, operating, quality, safety and asset targets against the requirements of the business measured through leadership competencies and business metrics. This position is responsible for the management of the location(s) performance against metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the location is in compliance with and properly executing all key company processes, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Repair Practices. As with all FMS Shop positions, the Operations Manager II is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. This may also be a development position to prepare incumbents for the Senior Operations Manager role.
- Operations Management:Responsible for the execution of work analysis, vehicle planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approvalDirectly involved in Labor Planning by evaluating incoming work and allocating resources, balancing shift schedules, and level loading work load to maximize efficiency and productivityResponsible for optimizing labor at the shop, and ensuring the optimal mix of straight time, O/T and Outside RepairResponsible for optimizing shift patterns to match supply of qualified tech hours versus the availability of equipment based upon customer operating hoursOversee the execution of the Automated Planning System (APS)
- Labor Management:Provides management, training and development of all personnel assignedResponsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnelResponsible for successful development and execution of the Technical Training Plan in coordination with the Field Training Team. Ensure TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trendsMakes recommendations for future staffing based on changes to the business environmentResponsible for Recruiting, Hiring, On-boarding, Payroll, and Succession Planning
- Customer Management:Directly responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction, and retention, as well as ensuring uptimeResponsible for execution of customer communication protocolResponsible for optimizing vehicle maintenance cycle time and ensuring that the shop meets or exceeds Delivered in Time Promised objectives based upon customer requirementsCollaborate with Sales Team to develop the service requirement section of the Customer Care Plan to ensure effective delivery of serviceConduct customer visits and annual reviews as required by the Customer Care Plan
- Financial Management:Responsible for implementing cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet short and long term financial goalsDirectly responsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targetsResponsible for the optimization of net maintenance cost per unitResponsible for Customer Retention and Maintenance CSI through optimal execution of the Maintenance PromiseWork with vendor sourcing group to identify potential and preferred vendors for specific facilities and vehicle maintenance services. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of third party invoices and the quality of worked outsourced to vendorsResponsible for Payroll, Purchase Order approval and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliation, all liquid inventories to include fuel, DEF and oilResponsible for the successful execution of the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunitiesResponsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re-billable activityResponsible for the successful execution of the Warranty process and maximizing warranty recoveryEnsure data integrity in the Shop Management Online system
- Asset Management:Directs his/her subordinates in maintaining the appearance and maintenance of assigned locations, including sustaining 6S standards throughout the shopEvaluates needs and makes recommendation for shop tooling and equipment requirementsResponsible for the execution of Asset Management initiatives at the shop levelManagement and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in-service/out-service processProvide input during business unit asset management reviewEnsure all vehicles have required specifications in SAMResponsible for successful execution of Parts Inventory management, policies and proceduresCollaborate with Rental in scheduling PM's, utilization of assets to be ready at all times, subs, VMI, and wash log
- Quality Management:Responsible for successful execution of Quality Inspections of PM & repairs, including In Process Reviews of non-PM workLead breakdown root cause analysis process, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance CenterMaintain control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimizedResponsible for all Mandatory Compliance items at the Shop Level as identified on the Quality Review inspection listAccountable for all Quality Metrics within the ShopDevelop and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programsAccountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirementsResponsible for ensuring a safe workplace and providing guidance for all safety efforts and initiativesEnsure Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehiclesComply with Safety, State, and EPA regulations and requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success at performance managing teams while leading, training, and developing the workforce, including effective delegation and oversight of assigned work
- Understanding of labor, financial operating, quality, safety and asset processes and related metrics
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office environment
- Ability to work with reporting systems to pull data for analysis and decision making (preferred)
- Demonstrated success to a safe work environment, quality execution, and customer service as evidenced by previous experience and performance track record
- Vehicle diagnostics/repair knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Shop Management systems preferred
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three (3) years or more Maintenance and Technical experience in a shop environment required
- One (1) year Supervisory experience required
- Vehicle diagnostics/repair knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Shop Management systems preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website