If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
BUILD ON YOUR SALES CAREER WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE.
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. As a " CDM ," you'll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your sales career. In 2021 and coming into 2022, Ryder continues to move the transportation industry forward. As an innovative outsourced solutions provider, we enable commerce to flow reliably, efficiently, and safely. How?
- Top Technology Provider for Food & Beverage Supply Chain
- Top Third Party Logistics (3PL) Provider to the Retail Industry
- Largest Electric Truck Footprint in the US
The Customer Development Manager position is responsible for the management of assigned accounts in the Business Unit (BU); the education/development of customer interest in additional Ryder services (including: Full Service Lease, Programmed Maintenance, Lease Financing, Fleet Management Services and Dedicated Contract Carriage) by utilizing the Ryder Sales Process. Your ability to build and maintain relationships is critical to the success in this role.
The position requires ground travel and includes salary, mileage reimbursement, company cell phone, and excellent monthly commission potential. Some travel may apply for training. We also offer a full benefits package, 401k employer match, and a discount on shares!
Book of Business- Troy, MI
Check out these videos!
Ryder's most recently been named: “ Ryder Leaders Recognized as “Top Women to Watch in Transportation” in 2022 (https://rworld.ryder.com/member/post/3d510a1a-fb37-4372-9d26-10a49b6c6b39?uid=1358050&actr=Broadcast&actd=5086) ” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine's “ World's Most Admired Companies ,” one of “ America's Most Responsible Companies (https://newsroom.ryder.com/news/news-details/2020/Ryder-Recognized-for-Corporate-Social-Responsibility-Leadership-by-Newsweek/default.aspx) ” by Newsweek.
\#LI-post #INDexempt #FB
- Maintain regular and consistent contact with customers to meet customer requirements. Develop sales penetration plan. Segment account base by opportunity for growth and potential for risk. Present Ryder services and capabilities. Develop relationships with all customer buying influences. Develop complete understanding of customers business, goals and objectives. Work with RIL to develop opportunities for the application of those services as appropriate. Serve as facilitator between customer and Ryder departments or Ryder vendors.
- Ensure contracted services are delivered to customer. Orchestrate the development of a productive working relationship with the customer. Maintain appropriate customer contact. Understand and manage customer satisfaction perception. Conduct regularly scheduled customer reviews. Monitor CSI results by account. Develop knowledge base of competitive alternatives. Contribute to an effective transition of accounts sold.
- Proactively anticipate problems through continuous dialogue with customer & Ryder staff. Supply customer with information regarding operational performance. Learn customers business & operations
- Training and improvement of sales skills, industry knowledge and personal growth needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to leverage customers financial data to determine needs and solutions match
- Ability to work within various geographic and demographic environments
- Ability to guide, engage, and impart knowledge to others
- Willingness and ability to work with and mentor new sales employees
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work in team concept while holding self fully accountable
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Marketing, Transportation or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years or more demonstrated consecutive sales and customer relationship management experience in prior sales responsibilities required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Outside Sales
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website