If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The physical work location for this role is located in Novi, MI 48377. The Senior Carrier Manager position is a HYBRID role and you must be able to report to the Novi office 3 days a week to be considered for this position
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER!
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
If you are a quick learner, open-minded, detail oriented and reliable apply now to work for one of the largest and most respected names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
As part of the Ryder team, the Senior Carrier Manager will handle various tasks supporting Ryder's Transportation Management business vertical. The ideal candidate for this entry-level position would be a detail-oriented problem solver that is able to learn quickly in a fast-paced work environment. We are seeking reliable, self-motivated, dedicated and passionate individuals who can work within the guidelines and processes put in place by Ryder's leadership team while being flexible and open to change.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training to help you succeed in our fast-paced environment and continue your professional development.
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace of mind that comes with working for a World-Class Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 90 years with over 42,800 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer's expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Serves as the liaison between the carrier and procurement leadership teams, which will include:
- In depth discussions with executive level leadership across all modes of transport
- Alignment of carrier and customer KPIs
- Foster a collaborative and transparent relationship to deliver the best provider solution across our portfolio of clients
- Responsible for carrier analysis around capacity, service, and other enterprise metrics
- Interaction with internal business and support services teams - Promoting strategic procurement vision for client carrier portfolio
- RFP creation and responsibility for analysis and strategic carrier selection
- Develop, enhance, and maintain KPI's and report out to leadership frequently
- Responsible for all modes of transport, which includes Truckload, Intermodal, LTL, International, Parcel and others by request
- Market research
- Continuous improvement
- ISO procedure creation & maintenance
- Assist manager in training of new team members
- Carrier management software vetting, implementation, and execution
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle and analyze large data files and respond with internal and external customers in mind
- Ability to conduct presentations internally and externally as a subject matter expert
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detailed oriented with the ability to drive and support change
- Bachelor's degree required Business, Logistics or related field
- Strong carrier development background required. Five (5) years or more Industry related experience required
- One (1) year or more prior experience conducting presentations to both internal & external customers required
- One (1) year or more prior experience in negotiations and building strategic business relationships required
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management capabilities & industry tools preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc) required
- Working knowledge of standard procurement strategies/principles required
Job Category: Operations and Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website