If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Ryder is experiencing strong business growth and is hiring experienced Operations Leaders to join our growing team. It is a great time to be at Ryder!
Due to significant growth, we are hiring in advance of our new business start-up's. As a result, you will join Ryder as an experienced operations leader, to learn Ryder before transitioning into your new role. During this Ryder onboarding period, you will work closely with site leadership to learn all aspects of Ryder's Distribution and Transportation Management business including systems, processes, and operations. You will interface directly with internal business leaders and employees while partnering with our support organizations including Finance, Engineering, Sales and Human Resources. You will travel to other locations to gain exposure to a variety of systems and processes, and to assist in new business start-ups.
Your focus will be on delivering results in the right way while exhibiting our core values of trust, innovation, collaboration, expertise and safety.
You must have the ability to travel regularly, and to relocate within the region/US to fill a leadership position at a new or existing site.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader that wants to grow with a great company!
The Senior Manager - Distribution provides leadership for the Distribution Center and supervisors, who are directly responsible for turn key warehousing and transportation solutions. The incumbent will have and maintain high level interface directly with the customer on a regular basis
- Interface directly with the customer to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Strategic operational planning and execution for the operation.
- Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results.
- Hire, supervise, develop and manage performance for employees and maintain a positive employee relations environment at assigned account(s).
- Maintain open and effective communications within the work group(s) and with other work groups within the organization. Review data, identify and implement necessary actions as required.
- May manage the profit and loss statements based on the complexity and scope of the organization.
- Lead a proactive safety program within the work group(s) consistent with company policy in order to provide a safe and secure work environment. Instruct and enforce location safety management plans, training and processes. Monitor the maintenance of equipment for assigned work group(s) by using checklists and observations as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Strong organization, analytical, and computer skills.
- Ability to create and develop an inclusive and engaged work environment.
- Ability to effectively manage Profit & Loss statements may be necessary depending on the complexity and scope of the operation (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Master's degree preferred in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain.
- Five (5) years or more in Supply Chain, Logistics, warehouse or industry related field required.
- Three (3) years or more Supervisory experience required.
- Two (2) years or more Profit & Loss experience preferred.
- Two (2) years or more Application experience of Lean principles, systems and tools required.
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website