Immediately hiring a Permanent Full Time Diesel Technician to support our Truck Fleet at Ryder in Montpelier, Vermont
Hear it from a Ryder Technician Employee Here:
- Technician Positions Pay Each Week
- Hourly Pay: $27.50 per hour
- Certification Bonus of $100 for each New ASE Certification Obtained up to $700
- Quarterly Bonus: Ryder Pays you up to $500 Every Quarter - Four Times Per Year
- Sign On Bonus: Ryder Pays You $3000 at 30 days and $3000 at 90 days
- Schedule: Sunday – Tuesday and Friday
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Friday 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm / Sunday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
We want the right Maintenance Repair Mechanic to join us at Ryder to work on Heavy Duty Vehicles
Apply Here with Ryder Today
For More Info Call Dawn or Text "Montpelier" to 401-543-7337
We have all the benefits other Shops do without the wait!
- Annual Merit Pay Increases Every Year
- On the Job Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K etc. Start at 30 Days
- We love our Ryder babies and offer 12 weeks of PAID Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off Starts Accruing at DAY ONE with 80 hours per year
- Additional Day Off for U.S. Military Veterans
- 401 K offers a company match
- HIGH VALUED Stock at 15 % Employee Discount
- PPE, UNIFORMS, AND BOOT ALLOWANCE PROVIDED
- Ryder Top Technician Recognition Programs rewards 12 Top Techs each year with Cash Prizes from $250 to $50,000!
- Technician Tuition Repayment Program up to $5,000! Ask your recruiter about it today!
Stop In and Meet the Team at the Ryder Shop:122 Gallison Hill Rd. Montpelier, VT 05602
Click Here to See All Ryder Careers: https://www.ryder.com/careers/diesel-technicians
We want YOU to join our family made up of Proud Women and Men in Logistics who work alongside Military Reserve and Veterans we hire everyday
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
- Must possess state license as required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply knowledge of computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses complex mechanical and electronic problems utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Completes complex and detailed mechanical inspections & repairs with minimal supervision
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Works unsupervised on most tasks
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task.
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available.
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT).
- Acts as mentor for Tech 1 and Tech 2 levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents.
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support
- SBTIII trained within 180 days (SBT220)
- Complete 2 of the OEM On-Line diagnostic scan tool software courses as required by location fleet mi. (predominant OEM of fleet mix completed within 365days)
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-VT-MONTPELIER
Posted Date 2 months ago (4/4/2023 10:57 AM)
Requisition ID 2022-126538
Category Technicians/Service Employees5
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 1000356
Apply on company website