Samuels and Son Seafood, one of the nation's leading purveyor's of fresh and frozen seafood has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Sales Person. Strong food knowledge and experience with all levels of restaurants and/or hotels is a minimum requirement for this position. Sales experience is not required, extensive training and on-going support is provided. Only candidates currently located in the Philadelphia, Pa; Orlando, Fl; Pittsburgh, PA and Las Vegas, NV and surrounding metropolitan areas will be considered.
The person filling this position will work with the region's top chefs on a daily basis and must be familiar with chefs' expectations and requirements. This position requires complete dedication and offers rewarding relationships. You must be a foodie, detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and tenacious without being overbearing. Candidates must have solid communication and presentation skills. The role includes a portfolio of existing accounts, but allows the person to focus on opening new accounts within their territory.
Strong computer, organization and customer service skills are required. This position offers: the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, growth-focused culture, an opportunity for continuous advancement within the organization and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Summary of essential job functions:
Functions include, but not limited to the following:
- Efficient communication with current customers.
- Research customer business needs and developing mix of products and service to meet these needs.
- Negotiate with significant customer establishing pricing and service guidelines in conjunction with sales and operations objectives.
- Play a role in developing specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company product lines.
- Strong commitment needed to become an expert in the company's products and industry.
- Effectively and efficiently work with sales management and other sales personnel.
Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
Must have great communication skills in order to conduct presentations.
Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
Some travel required
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.