Samuels and Son Seafood Company one of the Nation's largest distributors of fresh and frozen seafood is searching for a recruiter/administrator. You must be highly organized, can multi-task at any time, enjoys a challenge and likes a variety of responsibility. This is an opportunity to grow within our organization at many different levels.
Job Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Conducts recruitment efforts for logistic, warehouse and office personnel; conducts employee orientations.
- Administers various human resources plans, policies and procedures for all company personnel.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists in performing benefits administration which includes claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assists in maintaining our HRIS system records and compiles reports from database.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Human Resource experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment is a plus.
- Experience in Union Environment is a plus.
- Excels in a fast paced environment.
- Can work a flexible schedule.
- Detailed oriented.
- Computer Skills: MS Office including Word, Excel, ADP HRIS system.
- Maintains Confidentiality.