Job Category: Intern Job Family: Student Intern Job Description:
In this Engineering Controls Co-op, you will work with Operations, Engineering, IS, Plant Maintenance, Process Engineers, and contractors to understand the operations plant floor systems including SCADA/PLC/MES. Understand the needs of the users, and implement program changes to meet those needs. Responsible for the overall programming on the operations plant floor systems. Support multiple projects across varies plants and locations.
This is a year round internship. Candidates must be able to work 40 hours/week during summer/winter breaks and part-time hours, about 15-20 hours/week during the school year. This position is located in West Bend, WI.
What you'll do:
- Review and research design standards for new equipment
- Creating electrical drawings
- Evaluating alternatives to choose the best solution
- Working with and managing installation contractors
- Conducting/Assisting with factory acceptance or laboratory tests
- Overseeing/Assisting with equipment installation
- Developing and troubleshooting programming with Rockwell Automation PLCs
- Developing and troubleshooting HMI Touchscreen and data historian applications (Rockwell Panelviews and GE iFIX)
What you will need to succeed:
- Completed Junior-level status or higher toward a BS degree in an Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologies or Information Technologies program
- Maintained a GPA of 2.75 of higher
- This is a year round internship. Candidates must be able to work 40 hours/week during summer/winter breaks and part-time hours, about 15-20 hours/week during the school year. This position is located in West Bend, WI.
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work well with Plant Partners, Home Office Partners, as well as Partners in other departments
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and complete them
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges/opportunities
Desired requirements: (Experience desired, but training will be available)
- Drafting using AutoCAD
- PLC programming on Rockwell platforms
- Operator Interface programming on Rockwell platforms
- Technical writing/research skills
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website