Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations Job Family: Process Excellence Job Description:
Lead and drive the efforts of Continuous Improvement for any Distribution Center process. Driving process and system standardization (where appropriate). Duties include prioritizing, planning, organizing, training, coaching, troubleshooting, evaluation, monitoring, technical support and the constant creation of business initiatives to reduce cost and improve service.
What you'll Do:
- Identify process opportunities within the Distribution Centers and quantify benefits to the organization.
- Work with IS and DC Operations team to execute systems and process change.
- Perform data mining and analysis to support new Distribution Center builds, expansions, and updates to existing layouts.
- Design cost to serve model to support Redistribution growth initiatives and improve precision of our DC standard costs.
- Collaborate with Network Modeling team and Director of Distribution to define our long term distribution strategy.
- Support implementation of new DC systems across the network.
- Be involved in the learning and functioning of daily operational challenges and understanding the core functions of the business and support systems.
- Work with Distribution and Operations Leaders to identify improvements involving capital spend and assist with analysis and justification for these projects.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 3-5 years' experience in industrial engineering/operations.
- Formal Lean, Six Sigma training preferred.
- Other responsibilities such as teaching training classes, special projects, etc.
- High Volume continuous process flow experience.
- Proven completion of logistics related projects with demonstrated success and financial results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with WMS and Network Modeling software preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website