Job Category: Finance Job Family: Accounting Job Description:
As a Financial Analyst you will assist in developing and maintaining integrated financial systems to provide accurate information in a timely manner. You will also help develop strong internal controls and appropriate measures to ensure the integrity of reporting and focus on the continuous improvement of all financial work processes.
What you'll do:
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of accurate product costs and analyses for new products
- Auditing and maintaining accurate costs within the cost system
- Ensuring that product cost changes are effectively communicated. Product costs are used to value finished goods inventory and aid in determining product pricing
- Working with your team leader to establish systems, processes and procedures to collect and record data required for internal and external reporting. This includes:
- Maintaining accurate inventory and other balance sheet accounts
- Charging costs to the general ledger in accordance with the corporate chart of accounts
- Determining appropriate accruals
- Assisting your team leader in providing explanations for period results
- Completing bi-weekly milk reconciliations with suppliers and monthly milk reporting for external customers
- Maintaining a strong system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of assets, compliance with GAAP and regulatory agency requirements, and the integrity and objectivity of financial and operational reporting
- Providing appropriate financial and operational measurement and analysis as required by the various teams supported. This will aid in reducing waste and increasing productivity. It will also provide a factual basis for decision making
- Assisting in the timely communication of results to supported teams, and ensuring that team members understand how their actions affect results
- Provide appropriate financial analysis for planned capital expenditures
- Working with your team leader to ensure accurate recording of fixed assets in the fixed asset system (i.e., recording of acquisitions, transfers, etc.)
- Providing support for the fixed asset physical inventory
- Sharing in the development of a culture that thrives on continuous improvement and quality principles
- Improving the professional competence of the Finance team through use of the assessment process and through the ongoing development of knowledge and skills
What you need to succeed:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer hardware and software
- Knowledge and use of spreadsheet applications is required
- Familiarity with word-processing, graphics, flowcharts or other software is desirable
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Internal partners: Minimum of 2 years of experience in current role
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website