Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations Job Family: Plant Production Work Shift: A Tu-Sa (United States of America) Job Description:
General plant partner
Most shifts are 6PM to 6AM Rotating days
Wage: $14.05 to $16.10 ($16.09 to $21.95 when trained and in bid position)
Primary - Essential Functions
Perform all process CP, CCP, QP, and CQP checks required for the position. Follow reaction plans for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement deviations. Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and assist in assuring proper production operation.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and good housekeeping guidelines. Must follow safety guidelines, wear designated Personal Protective Equipment, and meet OSHA safety requirements.
- Must be able to identify and understand customer requirements.
- Perform manual labor tasks such as inspection, rework & sort operations as needed.
- Teamwork and compliance with plant policies and procedures.
- Utilize Process Excellence tools to improve plant performance and complete specific projects as directed by Department Team Leaders. Must be engaged to learn P.E. and SPS tools and support PE initiatives.
- Satisfactory attendance record. Must be willing to work weekends, off-shifts, OT as needed. Must be on-time to work.
- Must be able to work in other general labor positions in the Plant as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated ability to properly identify product and record accurate data on production reports. Performs duties as required by plant leadership to ensure efficient & effective operation of the production processes. This list is not all inclusive but may involve assistance of the following processes and equipment:
- Peeling and opening product for rework
- Sorting of rework
- Manual or electric pallet jack
Secondary - Non-Essential Functions
- Willing to perform duties assigned, manage multiple priorities.
- Interpersonal Relations
- Deductive Logic
- Dependable (good attendance to work and meetings)
- Goal Oriented
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what needs to be done in a timely manner even if it is outside of primary responsibilities
Interacting Relationship - Who you support and who supports you
- Interacts with team advisors, operators and other production workers. Requires good communication and writing skills, must work well with others along with being a team player.
Expectations / Standards / Training Requirements
- Complete tasks as assigned by leader and others according to expectations. Must possess basic math, counting, calculator and basic computer skills. Forklift driving skills may be necessary. Training can generally be completed in a 2-week period or less.
- Perform all process CP, CCP, QP, and CQP checks required for the position. Follow reaction plans for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement deviations. Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and assist in assuring proper production operation.
- Stand up to 12 hours per day
- Walk up to 50 minutes per hour
- Sit up to 15 minutes per hour
- Work in cold, hot or wet environment up to 12 hours per day
- Lift/Carry up to 50 pounds up to 4 times per hour
- Bend/Squat/Twist up to 15 minutes per hour
- Lift up to 50# frequently
- Ability to lift and reach shoulder height and above repetitively frequently
- Ability to climb steps/ladders and work at heights occasionally
- Ability to quickly access different areas of the plant frequently
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website