Job Category: Research & Development Job Family: Research and Development Job Description:
In this role we are looking for a collaborative, creative and forward-looking leader that will focus on setting the strategic direction for innovation across the organization. Key tasks will include: develop a pipeline of innovation concepts and projects, prioritize resources against those opportunities, develop new capabilities (products, packaging, processes, systems, technology and services), generate new revenue streams, and improve cost / quality / service. The innovation group leader will design and implement a process to train and educate the organization on process and design thinking. They will cultivate and build an innovation ecosystem.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for creating a strategy and driving the overall innovation agenda and discipline for Schreiber Foods by working with scientists, engineers, insights, and commercial teams to develop new capabilities and improve revenue, cost, quality and service.
- Create and facilitate the overall process for generating, researching and vetting new ideas and insights to develop a robust pipeline of Innovation projects. Interact with key internal stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
- Assist with the design and build of an “Innovation” space within the corporate Schreiber Foods office to help facilitate work on innovation concepts, conduct ideation sessions with suppliers and customers.
- Act as a catalyst and champion to build an innovation ecosystem within Schreiber Foods by identifying and promoting “innovation” occurring within various parts of the organization, running innovation contests, and providing training and education to the partners.
- Engage and partner with key senior leaders from various disciplines to discuss “Innovation” strategy and align on a path forward. Communicate the vision for “Innovation” for Schreiber at all levels of the organization, identify barriers, and forge key relationships to gain support and alignment for the Innovation agenda.
- Identify consumer trends and novel market opportunities to pursue. Reach out and establish contacts in the industry and academia to understand best practices, latest tools and techniques to drive innovation.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you will need to succeed:
- Master's degree in Food/Dairy Science, Engineering, marketing, Strategy & Innovation, MBA or related field
- 12+ years experience in Research and Innovation
- 5+ years experience of research and/or innovation management experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire and influence partners at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic/visionary thinker.
- Ability to connect people, ideas and concepts and drive new growth streams for the organization.
- Experience with dairy/food, scientific/technical expertise or strong marketing/innovation experience in a B2B company.
- Ability to travel up to 30% within and outside of the U.S.
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website