Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations Job Family: Operations Leadership Job Description:
Are you ambitious? Do you see yourself as an Operations Leader or Plant Manager? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner and problem-solver? If you love challenges and have a passion for leadership, consider applying for our Production Team Advisor position.
This position will expose you to opportunities in: Process Cheese, Cream Cheese, Natural cheese and Yogurt manufacturing principals. Additionally, this role will have leadership courses administered through the program.
A Production Team Advisor must thrive in a challenging and dynamic manufacturing environment while gaining valuable leadership experience throughout the process. This partner will gain leadership skills across different teams and product categories which will be critical to future leadership positions within the organization.
What you'll do:
- Train, coach, evaluate and reinforce Process Excellence principles with partners
- Work with the team to make sure that daily production is organized to maximize efficiencies, making necessary adjustments as conditions change
- Administer various company, plant or department processes in certification programs, pay systems, assessment/feedback processes, etc.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups
- Must encourage teamwork and compliance with plant policies and procedures
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and good housekeeping guidelines
- Must follow safety guidelines, wear designated Personal Protective Equipment, and meet OSHA safety requirements
- Ensure partner accountability and provide daily communication of essential information
- Lead team efforts in meeting or exceeding goals in productivity, raw material usage and safety
- Through the use of problem solving methods, CAT's, and other quality tools identify and make process improvements
- Work with leadership in identifying potential capital improvements assisting with analysis and justification
- Plan production operations, establish priorities and monitor progress to meet customer needs
- Resolve operational, manufacturing, mechanical/maintenance opportunities to maximize our efficiencies at the lowest cost
- Monitor training activities and ensure proper training paperwork is completed
- Assist with staffing to ensure decisions to the production schedule meet customer requirements
- Work with leadership in identifying and communicating customer requirements
- Be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Make decisions related to HACCP, product quality, HOLD & RELEASE, etc.
- Assist with weekly team meetings
- Assist with regulatory, customer, and internal audits
- Perform all process related to: CPs, CCPs, QPs, and CQPs checks required for the position. Follow reaction plans for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement deviations
What you need to succeed:
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Dairy Science, Agriculture, Food Science, Animal Science, Supply Chain & Operations Management, Business Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, Quality, Biology or related field
- Willingness to relocate to any of the following Schreiber locations is required (note: you will not be considered for the role if you are unwilling to relocate to these facilities): Missouri: Carthage, Clinton, Monett, Mt. Vernon, Pennsylvania: Shippensburg, Texas: Stephenville, Utah: Logan, Smithfield, Wisconsin: Green Bay, Richland Center, West Bend.
- Proven leadership experience in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of leaders, clients, customers, partners and others
- Gain and maintain an understanding of all equipment and computer systems
- Willing to manage multiple priorities
- Deductive Logic
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to form solid working relationships
- Ability to interact well with people from diverse backgrounds and be adaptive to different communication styles and personalities
- Enthusiasm and passion for the work he/she performs
- Process improvement mindset
Physical demand analysis:
- Stand- Up to 10 hours per day
- Walk- Up to 50 minutes per hour
- Sit- Up to 15 minutes per hour
- Lift/Carry up to 50 pounds
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website