At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As a legal project manager, you will support client-facing engagements and internal firm projects to ensure successful implementation of such projects, provide support for all practice departments and will impact efficiency, quality, profitability, competitive position and client satisfaction. Additionally, you will interact with legal and business professionals internally and externally in a team setting. You will be a member of the firm's Lean Solutions team, reporting directly to the Director.
THE DAY-TO-DAY:On any given day, you will be working with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects related to the delivery of legal services for complex, high profile client engagements . You will:
- Assist legal teams by providing oversight and employing project management techniques and tools as defined by the department.
- Support SeyfarthLean initiatives including facilitating process mapping sessions, data collection and analysis, implementation of improvements and controls, leveraging technology and knowledge management solutions.
- Ensure that the necessary resources are channeled to produce the planned deliverables on time within scope and within the approved budget.
- Monitor the project scope management process to ensure key stakeholders are apprised of scope change requests and impact to project.
- Collaborate with team resources to plan for custom solutions and oversee the design, plan and implementation for client facing technological or process solutions.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Occasional travel to client and other Seyfarth Shaw office locations.
- College degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years formal project management experience required.
- PMP certification required; must be obtained during 1st year of hire.
- Minimum three years law firm or legal operations experience required.
- Computer proficient with advanced skills in MS Office required; Sharepoint, Visio, MS Powerpoint and MS Project knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, including record keeping, data collection and system information.
- Strong facilitation skills to lead meetings, conduct effective briefings and presentations, and to develop consensus, both internally and externally.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
This position is based in Chicago, IL 60606
Apply on company website