At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
The Senior Practice Development Coordinator leads practice management, marketing and business development initiatives within assigned practice groups by providing the support and coordination necessary for a successful outcome. This includes leading assigned projects, driving business planning and execution, agenda and planning for monthly practice group meetings, managing external marketing events and webinars, and development of collateral, website content, and internal/external communications. You will play an active role in the development and implementation of key initiatives and programs and will be responsible for coordinating the activities of project stakeholders to ensure successful and on-time project execution.
On any given day, you will be working with Practice Development colleagues and Labor & Employment attorneys on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
- Manage strategic and administrative aspects of external marketing events and webinars. Create new unique content, ensure consistent messaging that is aligned with firm objectives, promote events and webinars, and execute internal and external communication cascades. Recommend new and unique firm events or webinars to practice leadership.
- Develop and maintain collateral, website content, marketing campaigns, and internal/external communications, including formatting and electronic mailings of client-facing legal update and blog posts. Ensure that all messaging is tailored and consistent with brand standards.
- Establish and maintain best practices for marketing communications and thought leadership.
- Lead the implementation of assigned practice group business goals and projects. This includes driving the execution and completion of business plans alongside aligned practice group attorneys, determining the goals of each project, researching and developing original content and materials, and ensuring established timelines for deliverables are on track to hit quarterly milestones, and achieve annual goals for the practice group.
- Lead all marketing and business development related items for assigned practice group meetings. Create meeting agendas, recommend new topics to practice group leaders, and decide what items will be included and excluded. Coordinate logistics before and during meeting, and lead and follow through with all marketing or business development related items.
- On occasion, contribute to RFP, pitch and Statement of Qualification preparation and submission.
- Collaborate with practice development colleagues to maintain website content and other external department marketing and PR related activities.
- Various ad hoc projects as needed and requested
- Bachelor's degree, Marketing or Communications degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience, with direct experience in marketing or business development in a professional services environment (law firm experience strongly preferred, although other professional service experience will be considered); a strong focus on customer service.
- Superior organizational skills, extreme attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to exude a high level of professionalism, courtesy and diplomacy through in-person, email and telephone communication
- Strong business skills, including written and verbal communications are essential.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting and follow-through skills
- Ability to lead and influence a team of stakeholders including attorneys, administrative staff, and colleagues at all levels.
- Regularly demonstrate professionalism, respectful of all colleagues, and ability to be flexible with tasks and requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Knowledge of Interaction, Qorus Breeze or another proposal software, Vuture, or iManage a plus.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
Seyfarth will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.The salary range for this role is $60,000 - $75,000 annually. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. An employee's pay within the salary range will be based on numerous factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, experience, skills, geographical location and business or organizational needs. This job is also eligible for an annual merit increase and bonus pay.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309 This position is based in Chicago, IL 60606 This position is based in Los Angeles, CA 90067 This position is based in Los Angeles, CA 90017 This position is based in New York, NY 10018 This position is based in San Francisco, CA 94105 This position is based in Sacramento, CA 95814 This position is based in Seattle, WA 98104
Apply on company website